1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TB Android app is working, you may need to uninstall/reinstall. The iPhone app is now updated and should work after you upgrade. TalkBass is responsive to any screen size, so we recommend using your mobile browser for full functionality.

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Zebra wood stain

Discussion in 'Luthier's Corner' started by redboy1975, Jun 8, 2013.

1. redboy1975

redboy1975

I'm building a five string fretless bass and I'm using zebra wood . My neck is zebra wood and black walnut , the body is solid zebra wood . The walnut is a little to dark so I was going to stain the zebra wood to bring them closer together . Has anyone stained zebra wood and if so what stain do I use ? I plan on doing some type of oil finish as I do not like an instrument that shines . Thanks in advance !
  2. lbridenstine

lbridenstine

Not sure if this helps, because yours might be darker or lighter, but I bought some zebrawood knobs, not dyed as far as I know, and put them on a walnut top and they look really good together.

[​IMG]

It's possible that the zebrawood might darken up more from the oil than the walnut. Have you tried it on scrap pieces?

Do you have photos?