Zero Fret

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by mscorrupter, Jan 3, 2014.

1. mscorrupter

mscorrupter

I have a Washburn Taurus T14 with EMG pick-ups. I am a beginner to the bass guitar. The other day I discovered that the zero fret next to the E string had become chipped. (Probably my fault) Now I am unable to tune the bass with the string snapping out of place. I was wondering if anyone knows where I could get a replacement? Or if this is even fixable? Or just tell me what exactly I will have to do? ECT. Would be a great help! Thanks!!
  2. Slowgypsy

Slowgypsy 4 Fretless Strings Supporting Member

Are you sure about the zero fret thing? Are you really talking about the nut? Either way, while I encourage folks to get some "hands on" experience adjusting their instruments, repairing or replacing a nut on an instrument might be best done by an experienced tech.
  3. Precision101

Precision101

Yup. Probably the nut if it's popping out. Get it fixed by a tech. Easy installment and shouldn't cost much.
  4. 96tbird

96tbird Supporter Supporting Member

Yep, a zero fret is an actual steel fret at zero that the strings lie on. If it is a bone or plastic or metal chunk with string slots, it's a nut,
  5. Register to disable this ad
  6. mscorrupter

mscorrupter

Thanks so much!!
  7. RSBBass

RSBBass

As mentioned above its your nut. You bass does not have a zero fret.