1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Zero Fret

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by mscorrupter, Jan 3, 2014.

1. mscorrupter

mscorrupter

I have a Washburn Taurus T14 with EMG pick-ups. I am a beginner to the bass guitar. The other day I discovered that the zero fret next to the E string had become chipped. (Probably my fault) Now I am unable to tune the bass with the string snapping out of place. I was wondering if anyone knows where I could get a replacement? Or if this is even fixable? Or just tell me what exactly I will have to do? ECT. Would be a great help! Thanks!!
  2. Slowgypsy

Slowgypsy 4 Fretless Strings Supporting Member

Are you sure about the zero fret thing? Are you really talking about the nut? Either way, while I encourage folks to get some "hands on" experience adjusting their instruments, repairing or replacing a nut on an instrument might be best done by an experienced tech.
  3. Precision101

Precision101

Yup. Probably the nut if it's popping out. Get it fixed by a tech. Easy installment and shouldn't cost much.
  4. 96tbird

96tbird Supporter Supporting Member

Yep, a zero fret is an actual steel fret at zero that the strings lie on. If it is a bone or plastic or metal chunk with string slots, it's a nut,
  5. mscorrupter

mscorrupter

Thanks so much!!
  6. RSBBass

RSBBass

As mentioned above its your nut. You bass does not have a zero fret.