1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TB Android app is working, you may need to uninstall/reinstall. The iPhone app is now updated and should work after you upgrade. TalkBass is responsive to any screen size, so we recommend using your mobile browser for full functionality.

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Zero Magnet Pup's at NAMM

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by Luthier Atlanta, Jan 23, 2014.

1. Luthier Atlanta

Luthier Atlanta

2. Arvin

Arvin Underwound Supporting Member

3. wcriley

wcriley

Disclosures:
    Uncompensated endorsing user: fEARful
    Why is the thread title "Zero Magnet"?
  4. mech

mech

5. wcriley

wcriley

Disclosures:
    Uncompensated endorsing user: fEARful
    I've seen that thread.
    I'm just asking why the OP used the phrase "zero magnet" in the (now two identical) thread title(s).
  6. Handyman

Handyman Supporting Member

The power source is a massive fail, in my option. A properly designed active pickups can live off of an alkaline 9V battery for over a year. I DO NOT want to recharge my bass.

As has been mentioned, this is just a low turn count pickup with an on-board preamp. Using laminated PCBs to make an inductor is clever, but that's more of a manufacturing trick than anything a user would care about.

I am curious how they sound.