1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. We've been uniting the Low End Since 1998!

We're glad you've found us. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.

Zombie apocalypse....choose your bass (weapon).

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by ImNotJoel, Jan 22, 2014.

1. ImNotJoel

ImNotJoel

So imagine you're playing bass, then $#!+ are those zombies?

You're facing a whole horde what's your ideal bass to smash these zombies?

Would you use your prized bass?

I think I would use like a BC rich warlock purely for its shape. It's heavy but the end is V shaped so if I need to pin down a zombie or push them back that V will trap them or the points can really do a number. Personally not a bc rich fan no disrespect but I will become their biggest fan in a zombie apocalypse.

Yes I would use my prized bass it's an apocalypse and I will be looting guitar center.....once I reach there it's a musicians battle.

2. thunderbird66

thunderbird66

My epiphone les Paul's. Not a real elegant weapon but a pretty effective war hammer.

3. Evil Undead

Evil Undead

Fender P, no question. Built like tanks

4. Joe Milo

Joe Milo

Calmly put my bass back on my Hercules stand.Calmly walk into my bedroom and get my S&W MP .40 and then my Remington 870 12GA......Problem solved......Why ruin a good bass? :D

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. spz8

spz8

7. ImNotJoel

ImNotJoel

Yes that's the right thing to do but say your out of ammo you drop your guns and your cornered next to a bass. You have no choice what's the bass you will use to bludgeon these zombies....we can't make it that easy but I see you're prepared for an apocalypse.

+1 for fender they're are tough as hell that was one of the contenders for me.

8. Dug2

Dug2 Supporting Member

someone has some time on their hands huh? hahah

9. Phalex

Phalex Semper Gumby Supporting Member

I'd use my Hoppus P. 1 knob, 1 pick up...... It's the ideal warclub.

10. Milk

Milk

That's bad cause i like semi-hollows. They would shatter in an instant and wouldnt do much damage.

I'd probably use any bass i hate the looks of i can find. Since i hate the look of 95% of basses, that would be easy. Bring me all your wood grain color wildly asymetrical custom made please....

11. Dug2

Dug2 Supporting Member

wat bass/es do u have milk?

12. nashvillebill

nashvillebill

Many years ago, I walked into my house along with a girl I was dating. Suddenly we heard a crashing noise from the bedroom...huh?? at the time I lived alone with no pets. Intruder? No idea, and since my guns were stashed in the bedroom, I grabbed the nearest "weapon" handy--my P-bass.

With the girl's fingers digging deep into my arm, and me clutching the bass by the neck like a baseball bat, we carefully inched into the bedroom....and found nobody!

I can't remember what we finally figured out it was, something fell over perhaps. But I do remember grabbing that P-bass ready to bash the heck out of somebody.

13. B Major

B Major

Yea I'd use my Ruger SR40C.... Once I'm outta ammo I'd just use my guitar player's strat..... Fin.....

14. nashvillebill

nashvillebill

But didn't Mythbusters determine that if you were swarmed by zombies, even a semiauto couldn't kill them off fast enough?

15. Dug2

Dug2 Supporting Member

^ they did nash, i saw that one

16. pfox14

pfox14

I betcha a Bootsy Collins star-shaped bass would do the job nicely.

17. Gaolee

Gaolee The Fat Violin

Shooting Zombies woulnd't work. They're already dead! Smaking 'em with a P-Bass would work, because it would blast them into little pieces. One more thing the P-Bass is good at that nothing else can do. I don't hit my P-Bass with a hammer, because it would hurt the hammer. It is the Chuck Norris of basses.

18. Pelham Bleu

Pelham Bleu All you need is fuzz. Supporting Member

Massive head injury required. A T-40 ought to do the trick.

19. Hobobob

Hobobob Don't feed the troll, folks. Supporting Member

Same answer here. Those suckers are heavy.

20. drummer5359

drummer5359 Gold Supporting Member

A T-40 is the obvious answer, but I don't own one. My Tele bass has some serious weight to it though.

...which gives me a great idea.

"Honey, I need to buy this bass (T-40) in case there is a zombie apocalypse".

21. wild4oldcars

wild4oldcars

sig worthy, and hilarious :D