ZOOM B2.1U?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by newyorkiddo, Jan 24, 2014.

1. newyorkiddo

newyorkiddo I'm actually a cat. Supporting Member

So I recently traded my synthesizer keyboard for a ZOOM B2.1U Bass Effects Pedal and I have no idea what it's used for. I plugged it in and didn't get a signal, so I'm not sure if it doesn't work or if I'm just using it incorrectly. Could someone help me on proper usage of this pedal? What is it worth? I feel like I got ripped of for my keyboard. Thanks!

2. oldcatfish

oldcatfish

The B21.u is a multi-effect pedal. It has compressor/limiter, eq, noise gait, reverb, chorus, amp simulations, synths, delays and others.
    There should be a signal....do you have batteries or power supply. Is it turned on? You can download a manual for free, online.

The B21.u is a decent pedal, if you take some time to learn how to tweak it. I have a zoom ms60b >VT Bass> Zoom b2.1u on my pedalboard, and I like the combination. I can get most any tone that I want.

3. newyorkiddo

Thanks a lot! I realized it's too much for me to handle, so I'll probably end up getting rid of it. Haha

4. oldcatfish

oldcatfish

You might surprise yourself. It's not that hard, you just need to spend a little time fooling with it. First download the manual. Then there are two ways to go about it.
    One is to find a preset that you kind of like and copy it into the user section. Then, just go through each effect and tweak away.
    The second way is to basically start from scratch. Go to the user section and turn off all the effects. Then, turn them on one at a time, just finding your favorite of each section. Next try combining two, then three of your favorites. Go back and tweak each to make the combination sound better. Add more if you like, but remember that you don't have to add them all.
    No matter which approach that you use, the one thing that really brings the best sound out, will be the wet/dry blend...it's in the ZNR section. I had my B2 for months and just about gave up on it, until I discovered the wet/dry. Then the pedal became a very useful tone-shaping tool for me.

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. fritzk9

fritzk9 Supporting Member

If you press both foot switches at the same time, it will go into bypass mode. It should display a "bp" on the LED display.

Make sure that it's connected correctly. Not sure if it has input, output and control jacks, but it may be worth double checking.

7. arginator

arginator Supporting Member

If you don't have one, you can download the user's manual from the Zoom website.

8. newyorkiddo

Thanks guys! I fooled around with it and didn't like it, so it is now up for sale!

9. bassbrad

bassbrad

FWIW the preset patches are virtually worthless, to really get the most out of the Zoom B2.1u you have to create your own sounds.

Check out the cheat sheets in my signature

10. newyorkiddo

Wow thanks a lot! I'm really excited to test everything out now. Haha