1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. We've been uniting the Low End Since 1998!

We're glad you've found us. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.

Zoom B3 Avalon model

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by thunderlips, Aug 7, 2013.

1. thunderlips

thunderlips

I finally started using it and It's been the answer to my prayers! I'm curious if anyone can tell me how it matches up to the real thing.

2. Swift713

Swift713

No idea how it compares to the real thing but its definitely one of my favorite preamps on the B3.

3. J03YW

J03YW

I use it to emulate Amos Williams' tone (Tesseract) and it sounds just as crisp as his. I don't own the real thing, but yeah it's really nice.

4. Emanuel Apascaritei

Emanuel Apascaritei

I used the real thing and have the B3. Well....the real thing is the real thing, I mean a very very good DI. In fact I don´t understand why Zoom made an emulation of a DI if you´re limited on the built in DI on the B3, it doesn´t make sense.

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. Swift713

Swift713

I think the main point is the tone presets and the high cut.

7. thehangingmist

thehangingmist

Disclosures:
    MTD kingston international emerging artist
    i think it makes the tone more "beefy" if thats the word for it! Tone control set to off!

8. Emanuel Apascaritei

Emanuel Apascaritei

IMO/IME the U5 doesn´t sound beefy at all. It´s super clean, clear and articulated. Of course if your bass sound beefy than the Avalon will capture that and amplify it.