Zoom b3 combined with analog effects

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by xkomo, Jan 17, 2014.

1. xkomo

xkomo

I own a zoom b3 and i am planning to use it as a delay and tuner pedal in my pedalboard... I am curius if putting the b3 with my other pedals would downgrade their whole quality...

Thanks!
  2. bassgod0dmw

bassgod0dmw Supporting Member

Nope. It's just a pedal and using it in conjunction with other pedals will be fine.
  3. bassbrad

bassbrad

The B3 plays very well with other pedals, digital and analog, use it as you choose.
  4. CHILDISHGAMBINO

CHILDISHGAMBINO

The B3 works great with all my other stuff.
  5. Register to disable this ad
  6. oldcatfish

oldcatfish

I don't have a B3, but I have an MS60B and a B2; both work great with other pedals. So I'm sure the B3 does too.
  7. HugoBazZ

HugoBazZ

I actually use my b3 just as you discribe ;) it Works just fine :)
  8. Swift713

Swift713

I run a couple dirt pedals before my B3,
  9. Bassmike62

Bassmike62

Same here.

Save for the 60B and the LMB-3, all my other pedals are analog. I've tried the chain with and without the 60B and my ears can't tell a difference, same with my bandmates's ears. If there is one (and I guess the "oh-no-you're-using-pedals !!" purists will find one) it's probably so microscopic nobody will care about it.
  10. xkomo

xkomo

By the way... Is boss lmb 3 digital or analog?
  11. Bassmike62

Bassmike62

I always assumed it was digital because it doesn't specify it is analog. My personal experience in the pedal world leads me to believe pedal makers clearly indicate the fact a pedal is analog in their ads or manuals. AFAIK, no mention from Boss on this pedal. I've looked around on the net, including Bongo's comps page and still can't find an answer. I did find a French site mentionning it was analog, but since it's an e-bay type of site, the info comes from the owner, so.... .

Maybe somebody will chime in and clarify this ?
  12. Jazz Ad

Jazz Ad Mi la ré sol Gold Supporting Member

There is no practical reason to use digital for compression. The LMB-3 is fully analogic.
    There also isn't any practical difference between analog and digital, no real reason for builders to mention it.
  13. bongomania

bongomania Gold Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    owner, OVNIFX and OVNILabs
    Yep, LMB-3 is analog. In my reviews I only mention if they are digital when they are digital, because digital comps are the minority so far.
  14. Bassmike62

Bassmike62

Totally agree about the practicability thing, it's just a matter a personal preference, at least that's the way I see it. Some makers mention their pedals as analog, like Dunlop for the MXR Bass Innovations line, so I'm assuming they're seeing at least some value in it.

Thx for clearing it up about the LMB-3.

:)
  15. insect

insect

One thing to mention... don't daisy chain it with analog pedals... it wil hum and the led/lcd blinking will be heard through the chain... if you use it with a separate power adapter or with an isolated brick it will be fine though, works like charm, no loss in quality...
  16. Martin89

Martin89

Disclosures:
    Unofficial Endorser: Ibanez, D'Addario, Zoom
    I might be going this route eventually as I've become friends with a builder but still love my B3. How do you decide what goes in front or after with the B3?
  17. CHILDISHGAMBINO

CHILDISHGAMBINO

Mines daisy chained and it works with no problems.
  18. Voss451

Voss451

I use a VT Bass with mine and some of the eq "enhancing" pedals like the Bottom B, AC Bs Pre really help a lot.
  19. David Beers

David Beers

Disclosures:
    Sales, Marketing, Design @ Brimstone Audio

Hold on, what? There's no difference between analog and digital? I would beg to differ. One is analog, one is digital. Am I misunderstanding? :)
  20. meatwad

meatwad Supporting Member

I ran my B3 with an Aphex Punch Factory in front, daisy chained together and powered by a Boss TU-2. This all worked great together, with no extra noise whatsoever.
  21. bassbrad

bassbrad

There are not really any rules it is all about what works for you.