1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Zoom B3 for Acoustic Too?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Malachi71, Jan 26, 2014.

1. Malachi71

Malachi71

I'm considering purchasing a B3. I primarily play bass in my church's band but sometimes I play acoustic guitar.

Has anyone used the B3 for acoustic? Does it work well for this instrument?
  2. SoVeryTired

SoVeryTired Endorsing nothing, recommending much Supporting Member

I guess it depends what you want it to do. It'll act as a DI box, and the reverb, delay and modulation effects should work (most seem to be common between the guitar and bass units). Drive or bass amp/preamp sims for an acoustic guitar? Not so much.
  3. oldcatfish

oldcatfish

Actually, it does have at least one amp sim that would work well for acoustic guitar...the Avalon U5 model. There are pre-set eq curves for different instruments, including acoustic guitar.
  4. Swift713

Swift713

Try the DI 5 Avalon model or any number of the eq's and preamps. I find the Fliptop model sounds great with my hollow body guitar.