Zoom B3 -Plays well w/other FX?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by driftingupward, Oct 5, 2013.

1. driftingupward

driftingupward Gold Supporting Member

So I'm in this old school funk project doing some Meters/Funkadelic etc. and I'm pretty happy with my overall tone but I was thinking of getting a B3 as a supplement that would give me an auto wah, maybe chorus, flanger, etc... I'm already happy with the compressor, volume, and tuner pedals I have and would probably use the B3 as a way to bring up some FX as I need them and also maybe use the looper as a practice tool at home.

So my question is: does the B3 play well with other pedals and is it practical to just use as a way to fill in the blanks with other FX that I don't have?

Thanks for your input,

Rob
  2. CHILDISHGAMBINO

CHILDISHGAMBINO

I use my B3 exactly as you describe doing and it works great. Plays well with all my other toys.
  3. bassbrad

bassbrad

My B3 sits between a pair of BassBalls into a UNiBass and B2 without an issues.
  4. neuman

neuman Supporting Member

I have 7 dirts before and a flanger (love me that BF-3 gated action) and sansamp bddi after; work perfectly. Use the B3 for modulation, delay, reverb.
  5. Register to disable this ad
  6. meatwad

meatwad Supporting Member

It is perfect for exactly this.
  7. DagoMaino

DagoMaino Supporting Member

I just got mine and it sits in the middle of my large pedal board chalk full of other stomp boxes...

Side-note: You will not regret buying this thing. I love effects! I love analog effects, I even enjoy building effects... and, yes, there is something romantic about the individual stomp boxes, and there is something discernibly different in the sound of some of the stand-alone boxes... but... The B3 is a great tool, it sounds great, it is very versatile, and pretty intuitive. Some of the discernible differences can also be seen as improvements in some cases. I am not such a snob as to admit that this thing has found a permanent home on one of my boards. Even if I was a complete snob, I would buy this just to test combinations and try new effects and routing ideas.