Zoom B3 question

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by p12bassnut, Sep 18, 2013.

1. p12bassnut

p12bassnut Supporting Member Supporting Member

I am having difficulty figuring out how to set up the B3 to use on a gig.
    Example: Let's say I have 5 custom patches that I want to use and I want to save them in the same bank.
    How can I do that without overwriting the original patches in said bank.
    Also, it seems that there are no "open" patches to use to put custom patches. What's the work around for this ?
    Thanks in advance.
  2. drpepper

drpepper Supporting Member

Are you using Edit&Share software?

The reason I ask what may seem like a silly question (if you are using the software) is that I know some people manage without it...I can't speak to that.

If you don't use the software and can, then I'd suggest that you do.

With Edit&Share, you can copy and save entire patch groups, including saving a copy of the original patch group on your computer (look at the "Library" panel on the left). What this allows is using the B3 loaded with what you want at a particular time, like for a gig. You can have empty slots. For example, what I had done below was create a patch group that had only the things I wanted for a particular band, which was two sets of patches with amp sims and specific song effects, one set with cabinet sims on (for no amp on stage) and a second copy of each with cabinet sims off (to run a bass cabinet).

[​IMG]
  3. walldaja

walldaja

there are no blanks, I just put my own starting in the first bank. If I had 5 I used I would put them sequentially in the same bank, like A0 to A4.
  4. p12bassnut

p12bassnut Supporting Member Supporting Member

I have not used edit/share yet. It sounds like it is quite usefull. I'll try it. All excellent suggestions.
  5. aban

aban Supporting Member

Hey Guys
    Say DR Pepper maybe you know ....I thought that I had used the looper and got a 12 bar phrase. Its been a while and I can't remember how to set the Looper with the 40secs allowed . Have U been able to program a 12 bar ? if so,what tempo are u using ?

I want to use with my guitar ...done it before ...but just can't remember how.

Thanks Aban
  6. Cycho

Cycho

Navigate to the patch you want to move. Press "store/swap" (near the top of the device). Turn knob "1" on the left until "SWAP" is highlighted. Turn knobs "1" and "2" on the right to where you want the patch to be. The press "store/swap" again and it will swap the two locations. If you do it that way you won't overwrite any of you patches.