Zoom b3 vs Digitech BP355

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Tony Flow MMMM, Jan 23, 2013.

1. Tony Flow MMMM

Tony Flow MMMM Supporting Member

I'm leaning towards the b3 as it seems better built and more practical. However I'm interested in how the extreme effects compare, such as pitch shifter, delays, loops synth etc. anybody have any input?

2. CHILDISHGAMBINO

CHILDISHGAMBINO

I have no experience with the Digitech but the Zoom is really fun. I really like the delays, some of the synths, bitcrusher, ringmod and reverbs. The filters are pretty good, if a little sensitive. I don't really like the pitch shifting and octaves on the B3 that much but I suppose if I didn't have a PS-6 and an OC-2 they would be ok. The pitch shifting delay however is awesome. You can get a lot of crazy sounds running the multi-tap and pitch delays into each other.

3. Tony Flow MMMM

Tony Flow MMMM Supporting Member

Ok I can't lie. I need the effect to do kings of Leon closer. I know he uses a boss me-50b I have seen the digitech do it. My question is can the zoom?

4. pm2lp

pm2lp

Yes, the B3 can do that but you need to buy the expression pedal separately.

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. Crystalman85

Crystalman85

I've owned them both and even though they are different multi-effects processors, they do sound great. I have sound samples of both the digitech bp355 and the zoom b3 on my soundclick website. here's the link.

www.soundclick.com/crystalman85

Feel free to check it out.

7. bongostealth

bongostealth Supporting Member

I've owned the Digitech but not the Zoom. The Digitech is great!

8. Crystalman85

Crystalman85

The digitech bp355 is indeed awesome sounding. it does have a large variety of effects, amp and cab models. zoom processors sounds awesome too. the zoom b3 is phenomenal. I would recommend it to anyone looking for an awesome sounding multi-effects processor for recording and live performances.

9. joegrant413

joegrant413

Bump for any other opinions please