1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Zoom B3 what is missing?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by bassbrad, Sep 22, 2013.

1. bassbrad

bassbrad

I have to say that I am totally diggin the B3 and it could be an almost complete solution for me if it had several effects included.

Missing models for my needs:

1. EHX Bass Balls
    2. Brassmaster
    3. Yamaha NE1
    4. Akai UniBass

What would you need...
  2. JonnyAngle

JonnyAngle Supporting Member

A pitch shifter like the m5 has
  3. Swift713

Swift713

Envelope control for more effects, for instance, tremolo speed.
    Switchable decay parameter on the looper.
    A better analog -esque octave up.
  4. Grateful

Grateful Supporting Member

I have one, but I would like the ability to add a footswitch to change patches in addition to having a exp. pedal, without having to open up the box and solder things.

And some synths closer to a Digitech SynthWah or the Boss one.
    And the octave up.
    And the firmware that allows for 6 simultaneous patches (like on the G3).
    And a B5 with the built-in pedal (like the G5).
  5. gjbassist

gjbassist Supporting Member

I would like it to be able to communicate directly with a bar's ordering system so I could order a beer during gigs just by pressing a button!:D
  6. Daniel Piper

Daniel Piper

I have one, love it, but can't stand the dirt to be honest. I don't know what it is - I just can't get there with the sims it has, but the rest of it is a killer deal.

If there was a B3x with expression pedal - that would be cool. But then we would be answering 'which b3 is best for metal' all the time.
  7. avvie

avvie Supporting Member

Isn't there a wah/distortion sim in there that basically mimics the Bassballs? I've never owned a Bassballs but I get the concept. I know you could easily design one with a filter and overdrive.

With that said, its still a modeler. It makes sounds with zeros and ones and not by moving electrons. I use it as an addendum TO a pedalboard and not in place of. For the moment it's doing my modulations and synths but my dirt is still analog and I intend to replace my phaser and chorus with Mooers or similar 1590A boxes.
  8. bassbrad

bassbrad

Nothing really close, with the BB the sound is about those lo|hi filters sweeping past each other and the touch sensitivity, then there is that very unique fuzz.

Daniel Piper I have one, love it, but can't stand the dirt to be honest.
    I am surprised that I find them very satisfying, always hated the Zoom drives before.