Zoom B9.1ut pedal synth

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by apl4, Jan 12, 2013.

1. apl4

apl4

I've been using this pedal for a while now, and it is very good, once you read the manual and get used to setting the parameters.
    One thing I've not mastered yet is the pedal synth. I'm trying to use the bass guitar with a clean sound and the bass synth pedals at the same time. Problem is they both affect each other. The pedals sound good, but the bass plays with a synth effect.
    Does anyone know how to bypass the effects for the guitar input, but still use the bass pedal effect?

2. ga_edwards

ga_edwards

IIRC from when I used one, i didn't think that was even possible. The pedalsynth is as separate effect type to the bass guitar triggered synths in the same PRE-AMP module i.e. they can't be used at the same time.

Only thing I can think of is you have some other effects engaged in a different effect block engaged to, like a strong filter/phaser/flanger etc that is effecting both signals. The manual states:
    "The pedal synth sound is processed by the effects after the PRE-AMP module, and the bass sound is processed by the effects other than the PRE-AMP module. For information on the effect link sequence, see page 63."

3. apl4

apl4

Thanks. You were spot on. I had an idea that it was to do with the chain. I used the Visual Editor software, and it showed that I had an AutoWah selected (I'd copied the patch from another). This was really screwing up the sound. Works great now. Bass pedal synth and guitar. Woohoo!