1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Zoom BFX 708 "Alone" effect ... how to get with seperate pedals?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by ubado, Jun 1, 2008.

1. ubado

ubado

First off ... I know very little about effects, only the bassics (couldn't tell ya what many actually do .... don't know the difference between a "Big Muff" and a "Wooly Mammoth" :meh:).

With that stated ... I'm looking to break away from the whole multi effect unit thing ... just too many useless effects for me (I only use 2-3 ... 4 tops).

One effect that I use on a regular basis is the "Alone" setting on my Zoom BFX 708. Could anyone who assist me on what pedals to get to accomplish this same tone.

For those who aren't aware of this tone/sound ... it's like the Julie Cruise (twin peaks) bass sound.

Thanks ahead of time. :)
  2. cybersnyder

cybersnyder Always groove.... Gold Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Endorsing artist: Xsonics cabinets
    Someone may have the 708 and be able to help better, but your best bet is to go through the manual, http://www.samsontech.com/products/relatedDocs/bfx708.pdf, check the settings for the "Alone" patch (they aren't listed in the manual) and that would be your best starting point. Once you get a list of pedals you need, you can get many suggestions on this forum.
  3. ubado

ubado

Thanks for the tip. :)

Upon looking through the preset parameters I'd need to get these pedals .... Compression, EQ, Chorus, and one that you can dial in a "hall" type setting.

I'm wondering if I get these seperate pedals, I'll end up using the Zoom BFX for it anyway. :meh:

I'm trying to figure out if I'll even use these pedals outside of the "alone" setting. How useful are these?

(bottom line is ... I'm set as far as "bass" needs .... now looking for something else to GAS over.. :D)