1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Zoom G5?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Artyom, Nov 4, 2012.

1. Artyom

Artyom

Heya folks, I was just wondering if anyone's tried using the zoom g5 for bass effects and whatnot, what their experience with it was? I'm on the market for a multieffects unit and I am very likely going for the b3, however, I could probably squeeze out the extra mileage for the g5 if it's a decent pedal/potentially better than the b3

I apologize if this has been covered before, I did actually try the search function to no avail
  2. basslayer

basslayer Supporting Member

bump for shared interest in an answer.
  3. thekyle55

thekyle55

I have two G3's. I've used them some on bass, but I'm not a huge effects user, mainly just messing around, but here's my experience.

Effects work great. Distortions and amp models aren't so great, they lose a lot of low end.

That's pretty much it. If you want a bunch of good delays, choruses, verbs, etc, and don't care about drives, the G series are good. If you want overdrives, get the B3.