1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. Register a FREE Account to post and unlock tons of features!

Zoom H2 problems

Discussion in 'Recording Gear and Equipment [BG]' started by Youngspanion, Mar 31, 2014.

1. I think my zoom H2 is finished. I bought this baby in April of 2008 and now, six years later, it seems like its finished. I used it Saturday night to record our gig and I noticed in the second set, that the red light was out. I set it up on a mic stand to record continuously though out the night. The next day, I downloaded what ever recordings I had and then I set the Zoom up again to record in the house. It was working fine until I moved it and struck it very lightly against the table it was on and it shut off. I tried that a few times and every time it shut off. I suppose someone kicked the mic stand and shut it off.

The question is, has anyone else noticed that the zoom has a short life span?

2. LeeNunn

LeeNunn Supporting Member

Oct 9, 2012
    Yep. I replaced mine with an H4. Your H2 was good value even if it lasted only six years. The good news is that the H4 is easier to use. A lot happens in six years.

3. TalkBass Friendly Advertisement

to hide this ad and more.
  4. DWBass

DWBass The Funkfather Supporting Member

Jan 24, 2003
    Newport News, VA via NYC
    Disclosures:
    Kohlman Bassworks
    So far, mine is still kicking. I think I bought mine in '08.

5. seamonkey

seamonkey

Aug 6, 2004
    Mine still works.

Maybe a bad AC adaptor and/or the batteries are low or corroded?

6. It could have been a bad ac adaptor but about a year ago I let the batteries corrode and although I cleaned it and got it working again, I guess it happened twice.:roll no:

So I tossed it and I haven't even thought about it again since. I do have to get another one but I don't know which one yet although I understand, as has been stated already, the the H4 is a great replacement.

Thanks folks.

7. seamonkey

seamonkey

Aug 6, 2004
    I remember on mine it would shutdown with a bad memory card.
    Some memory cards die, but I found that sandisk will usually replace them with not much problem, provided you can read the serial number.