Zoom H2 problems

Discussion in 'Recording Gear and Equipment [BG]' started by Youngspanion, Mar 31, 2014.

1. Youngspanion

Youngspanion

I think my zoom H2 is finished. I bought this baby in April of 2008 and now, six years later, it seems like its finished. I used it Saturday night to record our gig and I noticed in the second set, that the red light was out. I set it up on a mic stand to record continuously though out the night. The next day, I downloaded what ever recordings I had and then I set the Zoom up again to record in the house. It was working fine until I moved it and struck it very lightly against the table it was on and it shut off. I tried that a few times and every time it shut off. I suppose someone kicked the mic stand and shut it off.

The question is, has anyone else noticed that the zoom has a short life span?
  2. LeeNunn

LeeNunn Supporting Member

Yep. I replaced mine with an H4. Your H2 was good value even if it lasted only six years. The good news is that the H4 is easier to use. A lot happens in six years.
  3. DWBass

DWBass The Funkfather Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Kohlman Bassworks
    So far, mine is still kicking. I think I bought mine in '08.
  4. seamonkey

seamonkey

Mine still works.

Maybe a bad AC adaptor and/or the batteries are low or corroded?
  5. Youngspanion

Youngspanion

It could have been a bad ac adaptor but about a year ago I let the batteries corrode and although I cleaned it and got it working again, I guess it happened twice.:roll no:

So I tossed it and I haven't even thought about it again since. I do have to get another one but I don't know which one yet although I understand, as has been stated already, the the H4 is a great replacement.

Thanks folks.
  6. seamonkey

seamonkey

I remember on mine it would shutdown with a bad memory card.
    Some memory cards die, but I found that sandisk will usually replace them with not much problem, provided you can read the serial number.