1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. We've been uniting the Low End Since 1998!

We're glad you've found us. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.

Zoom MS-60B or MS-100BT

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Trombassix, Dec 4, 2013.

1. Trombassix

Trombassix

The Zoom MS-60B looks fantastic and would be ideal as a sonic palette for some duo work I'm rehearsing for at the moment. This would be the main use of the pedal for me. On the other hand, the Zoom MS-100BT looks like it can cover the same ground + double up for guitar duties when I switch to drums and the guitarist and I rehearse silently using headphones and an electronic drum kit. The MS-60B is $99 US and the MS-100BT is $149 + the cost of the bass amps and FX, which could add to the cost significantly.

Is the MS-100BT worth it? Anyone using the MS-100BT for bass and guitar duties?

2. ACRX

ACRX

I just bought a Zoom MS 100bt for the same reason. Delivery later this week. I think it would be more than adequate for most bass usage but have the added flexibility for guitar use.

I don't think the add-on effects add that much to the cost but I guess you want lots of the bass pre-amp and effects from StompShare? I was looking at the Sansamp BDDI effect from the app too.

3. Trombassix

Trombassix

I love the scope of the MS-100BT, Zoom has surprised me with the quality of their emulations. I just bought my missus a Mesa Mini Rec (she's playing guitar in my projects). We're running a Line6 M9 in the loop and the MS-100BT is an indulgence, but then the M9 doesn't emulate amps for our headphone rehearsal system. I'm glad you've opted for it though. I hope it works out well for you. Guitar wise I love the demos of the Deluxe and the Bogner. I wish there where more detailed videos on YouTube for the bass amp emulations, even for the MS-60B.

4. bhawk1

bhawk1

I use the MS-100BT for bass and guitar. It's great for both.

One caveat: currently the MS-100BT has a good selection of bass preamps available via Stompshare, but no actual bass amps. They haven't said for sure whether they'll add the bass amps later in Stompshare (they update new amps and effects on a regular basis).

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. ACRX

ACRX

I also thought it was a little strange to have so many bass specific effects and bass pre-amps for the MS-100bt but no bass amps on Stompshare. I guess the "US Blues" amp that is already on the MS-100bt modeled on the Fender Tweed Bassman is the closest to a "bass" amp, but that has more utility for guitar.

I would think that some bass amps would eventually be added (hopefully).

7. bhawk1

bhawk1

Me too; I'd get some great use out of that pedal for recording if that were the case. I'm not sure if they're holding off on adding the bass amps because they're invested in having bass players buy the MS-60B or the B3.

I will say that using the Bass Drive preamp model (which emulates the Sansamp Bass Driver DI) on the MS-100BT, into my Aguilar rig sounds fantastic. I even played a small living room gig running the MS-100BT directly into a BOSE L1 and got some great tone happening using just that Bass Drive model.

8. ryansalmond

ryansalmond

They just added an mxr carbon copy last night!

9. ACRX

ACRX

OK. Now I just added the Sansamp BDDI emulation effect from the app. I play through an Acoustic Image Ten2 so it really adds a warm sound to that transparent amp. That is what I was looking for.

10. Trombassix

Trombassix

I was expecting the MS-100BT to have the ability to equal all the other MS pedals through upgrades via the app... It's disappointing that it doesn't have the bass amp emulations. I'm really close to pulling the trigger on a purchase too.