1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Zyex E

Discussion in 'Strings [DB]' started by jmacdbass, Dec 27, 2013.

1. jmacdbass

jmacdbass jmacdbass.com, openmusiccollective.org Supporting Member

I recently put a set on my bass and about a quarter of an inch of silk was left on my nut. Would this stretch out if I left them on?

My bass is 42.5 inches in scale and the E string is the second tuner back (g e d a b front to back)

Seams kind of weird an wondering if any one has any comments.

I actually am liking the g and d better then I thought I would, Have heard some people complain about the a which I am so far in agreeance with.

Like to hear other peoples thoughts on this problem

Thanks!
  2. bskts247

bskts247

Some people switch the A and the E string tuners for these bass strings.
  3. jmacdbass

jmacdbass jmacdbass.com, openmusiccollective.org Supporting Member

so just poor design?
  4. dfp

dfp Supporting Member

if the string under the silk at the nut is fully intact, why not take a razor blade, Xacto knife, what have you, and carefully slice off just enough of the overlapping silk? i've done it before w/ other strings.. no problems.. if you're careful!!! :)
  5. kwd

kwd

I did exactly that. I didn't have any problems after doing it but I don't think it's recommended. D'Addario makes a 4/4 size E in both tensions for this problem. Juststrings.com seems to be the only retailer that carries the 4/4 size E.