- Madison, WI
Male, from Madison, WI
Low Frequency = High Power! -Modulus Mob member #120, Official Fender Road Worn Club member #8 Dec 8, 2014
- Ballin'bass was last seen:
- Jan 17, 2017 at 4:54 PM
- Madison, WI
- Current Setup:
Basses: 2001 Modulus VJ4 w/upgrades, 1996 Modulus Quantum 4 w/upgrades, 2004 Modulus VJ4 fretless w/upgrades, 2005 EBMM Sterling w/nordstrand MM4.3 pickup, 1980's Cort P-bass.
Amp rig: 2004 Ampeg SVT-CL (SLM) running two Avatar Custom B410 NEO Cabinets
Pedalboard: Pedaltrain PT-1 holding (in order) Aguilar Octamizer > EHX Bass Micro Synth > EHX Deluxe Bass Big Muff Pi > EHX Enigma QBalls > Aguilar TLC Compressor > EHX Stereo Electric Mistress > Tech21 Boost Tape Delay.
- Favorite Genres:
- FUNK!, Rock, Jazz, Metal, Progressive, Stoner Rock/Metal, Death Metal, Bluegrass, Classical
- Gigs and Ensembles:
- Basement Fire, Franky The Fridge & The Krispers, Company of Thieves
- Previously Owned Gear:
- Washburn Lyon 5-string, Washburn Taurus T-24, Mexican Fender Jazz Fretless Bass, '97 SWR Workingman's Pro 1X15, GK Goldline 800 Amp, GK Goldine 4x10, and many various FX pedals.
- Influences and Teachers:
- Les Claypool, Bootsy Collins, Flea, Jaco Pastorius, Cliff Burton, Steve Harris, Stanley Clarke, Charles Mingus, Melvins, Queens of the Stone Age, Frank Zappa, Captain Beefheart, ... too many else to name!
- Hobbies and Interests:
- Philosophizing, Meditating, Cooking, Eating, Sleeping, Partying, shaging, Sleeping, pooping.
I'm an ever-aspiring bassist out of Madison, WI and I'm currently working in a project called Basement Fire! We play hard, shameless, no shagin'-around riff rock but I'm into any and all kinds of music, as long as it's got that SOUL! I love talking to fellow bassists/musicians/gear-heads about our passions and geeking out. I've got pretty extensive gear knowledge but ALWAYS hungry to know about more stuff. I'm in love with weird poopie also.... a.k.a. Beefheart, Melvins, Mike Patton, Zappa, etc. Holler if you dig!!!
- Available for Instruction?:
- Bass Guitar Instruction