- Northern California
Male, from Northern California
- Bassheart365 was last seen:
- Oct 6, 2022 at 12:20 AM
- Northern California
- Current Setup:
Le Fey Singer 5
Dingwalls - AB II 5; ABHS 6; NG2 5 string retrofitted with FretTrax
Clement Fretless 5 string
Speaker Cabinets - Greenboy F112 (X2) , 15sub, Acme Low B Series III (home use only)
Amp: Bergantino Forte
Noble preamp/DI, Avalon U5
Pedals (currently on my gig board):
Future Impact, Cog Effects T-65 (octaver), 3Leaf Audio Chromatron, Broughton Audio Germanium Bass Box (fuzz), Darkglass Hyper Luminal compressor, Sonic Orb Phaser, Walrus Audio Arp 87 (delay), Ditto looper
Other: Yamaha Motif XS Rack synth module for midi FretTraX tone generation
- Favorite Genres:
- Funk, R&B, Fusion, Jazz, Blues, Neo Soul, Classical
- Previously Owned Gear:
Dingwalls - Z3, SJ5, SJ4, NG3 6 string, ABZ
Ken Smith 5 and 5 B
MTD 5 string
Roscoe 5 string
Lakland 5 string
Prat 5 string
G&L L2000 - purchased new in 1981
- G.A.S. List:
- I think I'm done as far as basses and speaker cabs. Always looking for new pedals, amps.
- Influences and Teachers:
- Paul Jackson, Louis Johnson, Stanley Clarke, Bootsy Collins, Marcus Miller, Mike Burnett (Cameo), Tyrone Brunson, Rocco Prestia, Alphonso Johnson, Meshell Ndegeocello, Herbie Hancock, Joe Zawinul, Wayne Shorter, Miles Davis, Bella Bartok, Samuel Barber, Peter Gabriel, Debussy, Mozart, Nusrat Fata Ali Khan, Henryk Gorecki, Martin Heidegger, The Transcendence of the Ego, by JP Sartre, 2001 Space Odyssey, Arthur C Clarke, Stanley Kubrick, Buddhism, George Carlin, the Sun.
- Hobbies and Interests:
- Cycling, philosophy, flying my plane, trying to figure out how something can come from nothing.
- "A good bassist determines the direction of any band." - Ron Carter
- Available for Instruction?:
- Bass Guitar Instruction
Some things I've learned along the way:
- Teaching Credentials:
- Self-taught University
-You can't teach groove. You are born with it or you are not. And its by far the most important component of being a good bass player.
-Formal education is highly overrated (I have a doctorate degree).
-I play far fewer notes now than I did in my 20s. And that's a good thing.
-Institutionalized "education" is a form of bureaucracy, and both are the enemies of critical thinking and creativity.
- There is no demarcation between "right" and "wrong" in the Trump brain. His compass knows only two headings: "winning" and "losing." And truth is immaterial to both.
- The is no fountain of youth - but regular high intensity exercise and a healthy diet is close.
- An inventive mind is also a curious mind.
That is all for now...
SignatureGear: Le Fay; Greenboy; Bergantino; Noble