- Last Activity:
- Aug 15, 2018 at 9:36 AM
- Aug 11, 2012
- Likes Received:
- Trophy Points:
Share This Page
Frat-Pack Sympathizer, Male, from Capital District of NY State, USA
I wish I knew how to quit you, Talkbass. Oct 28, 2017
- Bassist4Eris was last seen:
- Viewing thread Best rock lyric ever?, Aug 15, 2018 at 9:36 AM
- Home Page:
- Capital District of NY State, USA
- office worker
- Current Setup:
- Basses: Carvin LB76W, Schecter Stiletto Studio 8, and/or Fender Precision, depending on the gig. Pedalboard: Radial Bassbone, TC Polytune2, Boss line selector, Boss octave, Big Game Bedlam OD, Stomp Under Foot Civil Unrest fuzz, EHX QBalls autowah, MXR chorus, Boss phaser, Markbass Compressore, Pedaltrain 2, Voodoo Lab Pedal Power 2+. Amp: Carvin BX500 head on a pair of Carvin BRX10.2s.
- Favorite Genres:
- Jazzy stuff, funky stuff, bluesy stuff, weird stuff.
- Gigs and Ensembles:
- Uneven Steven (my original jazz-funk), Oobleck (someone else's original jazz-funk), and lots of weird recording projects.
- Previously Owned Gear:
- G.A.S. List:
- Kiesel headless six-string bass.
- Influences and Teachers:
- Zappa, Zorn, and Miles. Not bass players, but they're my biggest inspirations.
I've been playing electric bass since 1989. I started in punk and metal, but mostly play funk fusion now. I'm currently trying to learn to play trad jazz. I play a little guitar too, and a tiny bit of keys. I play for artistic rather than commercial reasons. I take it more seriously than a mere hobby, but I don't do it for a living.
- Hobbies and Interests:
- Cooking, camping, bicycling, books, films.