- Last Activity:
- Feb 24, 2017
- Aug 14, 2009
- Likes Received:
- Trophy Points:
Male, from Liberty Hill Tx (rural Austin)
- bassmangotdbluz was last seen:
- Feb 24, 2017
- Home Page:
- Liberty Hill Tx (rural Austin)
- Bassist and Singer
- Current Setup:
1971 Fender Jazz Bass
w/ BadAss II Bridge and Seymour Duncan AJJ-1 Active Pickups,
1990 Fender Fretless Jazz Bass with Ebony Fingerboard,
1957 Reissue Danelectro Longhorn Bass,
1995 Danelectro SC-2 Baritone,
1978 Peavey T-40 Bass,
1978 Ovation B768 Elite Acoustic/Electric Bass,
2014 Dean John Entwistle Hybrid 5 String Electric Bass
w/ Mark Erlewine custom reworked neck
2000 Aria SWB Lite-One Electric Upright Bass.
2016 Fender American Standard Precision Bass
Aguilar Tone Hammer 350
SWR Bass 350 (Redface) Amp
SWR Studio 220 Amp
1966 Fender Blackface Bassman Amp
1969 Fender VT 15 2x15 cab (JBL D140F loaded)
SWR Goliath II 8 Ohm - 4x10 cab
SWR Workingman's 2x10T cabinet
(2) SWR Workingman's 15 cabinets (JBL 2226 loaded)
Bagend B15D Cabinet
Bagend B12D Cabinet
SWR Workingman's 12 Combo Amp (early cabinet design)
Eden World Tour Bass DI/Pre-Amp
Ashly GP40 Pre-Amp
QSC RMX2450 Power Amp
Gallien Krueger Goldline 500 Amp
- Favorite Genres:
- Contemporary Christian, Blues, Rockabilly, Roots Rock, Jazz, Soul, Classic County, Classic Rock, British Invasion, Power Pop, Bluegrass, Southern Gospel.
- Gigs and Ensembles:
- The RoadHouse Rockers, The Mojo Aviators (60's Power Pop, British Invasion, Folk, Soul and Blues influenced original project) Duo or Trio, The Garett Enders Band, Lanny Booth and Friends (Jazz Quartet), Praise Band at my church when in town.
- Previously Owned Gear:
- Carruthers SUB-1 EUB, 1971 and 1973 Fender Telecaster Basses, 1971 and 1977 Fender Musicmaster Basses, 1983 G&L SB-2 Bass, 1973 Rickenbacker 4001S, 1959 Gibson EBO, Bradley EBO copy, 1960 Prestige Bass (copy of a Gibson EB-2), Fender Bassman 10 Combo Amp, 1977 Fender Bassman 135 Amp, 1971 Fender V.T. Bassman 15 2x15 cab, 1969 Ampeg SVT 8x10 cab, Carvin 2x10 cab, (2) 80's Dr. Fong 1x15 Kit Cabs EVM Series II loaded, SWR Big Ben 1x18 Bagend loaded, G/K 400RB Amp, Peavey Century Amp, Peavey Century 1x15 cab, Peavey Mark III Series Bass Amp, Peavey 1516 Cab & amp; 100 watt Peavey EQ Amp, 1968 Sunn Sorado Amp with 2x15 Cabinet, 1970's Epiphone E20B Bass Combo Amp 1x15.
- G.A.S. List:
- Mark Bass Randy Jackson TTE 801, Ampeg SVT &/or Portaflex, SWR Redhead.
- Influences and Teachers:
- Duck Dunn, James Jamerson, Bob Babbitt, Carol Kaye, Johnny B. Gayden, Jan Zukowski, Willie Dixon, Paul McCartney, Klaus Voormann, Bill Wyman, Keith Richards, Tommy Shannon, Charles Mingus, Leland Sklar, Kenny Passarelli, Nathan East, Marcus Miller, Stanley Clarke, Peter Cetera, Randy Meisner. And lastly, the four men who are responsible for the bulk of my early legitimate musical training: Lawrence W. Viel, Roger K. Maier, Michael Maletick and William B. Malcolm.
- Hobbies and Interests:
- Cooking, Fine Cigars, being Grandpa
- Available for Instruction?:
- Bass Guitar Instruction
... short on looks but a great dancer.
- Teaching Credentials:
- BA Music Education, 30+ years of professional experience
SignatureI've got DISCO on me fingers !!!