- Last Activity:
- Feb 7, 2020
- Dec 18, 2004
- Likes Received:
- Trophy Points:
Share This Page
Male, 47, from Bologna, Italy
I play the bass because it has the sound of sun, forest, wind, love and drama. Apr 10, 2018
- basstef was last seen:
- Feb 7, 2020
- May 30, 1972 (Age: 47)
- Home Page:
- Bologna, Italy
- freelance musician & teacher
- Current Setup:
- 1850 German, 7/8 Gamba flatback bass.
- 1870 German, 3/4 Gamba fallback bass with removable neck. (my travel bass).
- modern Ozark Dobro steel resonator bass guitar.
- String : a mix of bumped gut strings for G&D, Supersensitive Sensicore solo E&A.
- Fishman Full Circle pickup, L.R.Baggs Gig Pro preamp.
- Amps : Fender Rumble 40, Markbass Micromark 801.
- Pops rosin & a number of various pedal effects.
- Scb neck off flight case.
- Gigs and Ensembles:
- Busy as sideman and co-leader in a huge number of bands and different situations.
- Previously Owned Gear:
- Too much stuff ...
- Influences and Teachers:
- Travels, Charlie Haden, Ben Street, Thomas Morgan, Scott La Faro, Paul Chambers, Oscar Pettiford, Paul Mc Cartney, Andy Rourke, Peter Kowald, Alfred Hitchcock, Rod Serling, Salvador Dalì, Pablo Casals, Ernesto Che Guevara, J.S.Bach, Saul Bass ...
I teach jazz double bass in the conservatory of Rovigo, Italy. I've also been teaching for 8 years at the annual summer camp in Chioggia for VenetoJazz, being part of the New School faculty of New York.
- Available for Instruction?:
- Double Bass Instruction