- Last Activity:
- Nov 13, 2018 at 1:21 PM
- Dec 18, 2004
- Likes Received:
- Trophy Points:
Share This Page
Male, 46, from Bologna, Italy
I play the bass because it has the sound of sun, forest, wind, love and drama. Apr 10, 2018
- basstef was last seen:
- Viewing thread 1940 American Standard Upright Bass, Nov 13, 2018 at 1:21 PM
- May 30, 1972 (Age: 46)
- Home Page:
- Bologna, Italy
- freelance musician & teacher
- Current Setup:
-1930, Italian, Paolo Bassi, Solarolo (Ravenna). Violin cornered round back bass.
- modern Ozark Dobro resonator bass guitar.
- simple old French model brazilwood .
- db strings: Efrano gut G, Rotosound D, Thomastik Superflexible solo A&E.
- Realist (copperhead), L.R.Baggs Gig Pro preamp.
- Amps : Fender Rumble 40, Markbass Micromark 801 & 1967 Vox Essex.
- Pops rosin & a number of various pedal effects.
- Scb neck off flight case & David Gage flight case.
- Gigs and Ensembles:
- Busy as sideman and co-leader in a huge number of bands and different situations. I also lead my own two 4tets : ERASERHEADS, and ZZ BOTTOM
- Previously Owned Gear:
- Too much stuff ...
- Influences and Teachers:
- Travels, Charlie Haden, Scott La Faro, Thomas Morgan, Ben Street, Larry Grenadier, Paul Chambers, Oscar Pettiford, Paul Mc Cartney, Edgar Meyer, Andy Rourke, Peter Kowald, Alfred Hitchcock, Rod Serling, Salvador Dalì, Pablo Casals, Ernesto Che Guevara, Glenn Gould, J.S.Bach, Saul Bass ...
I teach jazz double bass in the conservatory of Rovigo, Italy. I've also been teaching for 8 years at the annual summer camp in Chioggia for VenetoJazz, being part of the New School faculty of New York.
- Available for Instruction?:
- Double Bass Instruction