Male, from Finger Lakes area of New York State
Supporting Member Commercial User
- Home Page:
- Finger Lakes area of New York State
- Jazz Camp Owner
- Current Setup:
German Juzek double bass
Yamaha BB 424
Yamaha BB3000af fretless
Fender P Bass MIM
Fender T-Bucket acoustic
Fender Rumble 40
Fender Rumble 100
Fender Rumble 500 head
Fender Rumble 112 cab
Fishman Platinum Stage Preamp/DI
Markbass 102P cab
Markbass 801 combo
Aguilar Tone Hammer 350
Aguilar Tone Hammer Preamp/DI
- Favorite Genres:
- Jazz, R&B, classic rock, and anything pleasing and interesting to the ear.
- Gigs and Ensembles:
Big Blue House (www.bigbluehouseband.com)
Scott Wright Duo
- Previously Owned Gear:
Englehardt and Shen uprights
Yamaha 4-string fretless
Epiphone 5-string acoustic fretless
Ibanez Portamento 5-string fretless
Fender Jazz MIM fretless
- G.A.S. List:
- Nothing in particular. Just trying to get better on the instruments I own is challenge enough.
- Influences and Teachers:
- Three great teachers -- Brian Benson, Jeff Campbell and Kieran Hanlon
- Hobbies and Interests:
- Reading to a certain extent, but jazz theory and bass playing occupy most of my time.
- Commercial User?:
I have very few regrets, but one of my most painful is that I didn't start studying bass until I was 42. Currently trying to make up for lots of lost time.
- Owner, Tritone Jazz Fantasy Camps
SignatureFender Rumble Club #960.
Love Aguilar and Markbass, too.
Lots to learn.