- Last Activity:
- Apr 23, 2018 at 12:24 AM
- Oct 17, 2005
- Likes Received:
- Trophy Points:
Male, from PDX, OR
- bongomania was last seen:
- Viewing thread Spectracomp vs Boss BC1x, also Hypergravity., Apr 23, 2018 at 12:24 AM
- Home Page:
- PDX, OR
- Current Setup:
--the "Surfinbacker" a '70s Electra Ric 4001 copy, refinished in surf green and converted to 5-string.
--Lindert Locomotive VI-T baritone/BassVI
GK MB500, Genz Neox 212T, Sonic Research Turbo Tuner, DOD FX25, BJFE Blueberry, and a variety of compressors.
- Favorite Genres:
- modern Tuareg
- Previously Owned Gear:
- I've bought and sold an embarrassingly large amount of gear over the years. Particularly preamps, compressors (of course), and pedals of all kinds.
- Influences and Teachers:
- Cachao Lopez, Robbie Shakespeare, Geezer Butler, Lucky Scott, James Jamerson, Pino Palladino, Paul Jackson, Bobby Valentin, Ron Carter, Bobby Rodriguez, Bosco Mann, Bootsy!
- Commercial User?:
I'm really more of a researcher, drummer, and hobbyist engineer that happens to love bass, rather than a bassist per se. From 1985 to about 1995 I played synthesizer and home-made instruments, either solo or in obscure noise bands. From 1995 to about 2006 I devoted myself to Afro-Cuban style percussion, such as bongos and congas. As a percussionist I performed with East Bay Ray (ex Dead Kennedys), Bill Spooner (ex The Tubes), and Ward Abronski (Polkacide, ex Flipper) among others. Then various life crap took over and I stopped gigging altogether, but I started writing compressor reviews. And look where that got me! Now I'm the compressor review guy.
- owner, OVNIFX and OVNILabs
SignatureCompressor, preamp, and EQ FAQ
OVNIFX Smoothie will be back in stock soon!