- Jul 12, 2006
- Likes Received:
- Trophy Points:
- Germany, Europe, Planet Earth
Share This Page
Male, from Germany, Europe, Planet Earth
- Germany, Europe, Planet Earth
- Current Setup:
Börjes 5 string Jazz with two soapbars
Börjes 4 string Jazz with J-MM pickups
Lefay Carlson 5 string fretless (sold)
Stoll handmade JR 4 string neck through
Modulus Quantum 5 with alder body, chechen fingerboard, 2 barts (sold)
Aguilar DB 750 (sold, just too heavy)
Aguilar AG 500 DC (sold)
Aguilar Tone Hammer 500 ... (I seem to like Aguilar amps)
Kustom KXB 500
Trace Elliot AH 300 - 7
FMC 1x12 EX & 1x12 EX neo cabs (FMC is a small German cab builder)
Bergantino CN 112 (sold)
Bearfoot Blueberry Bass OD
Diamond Bass Compressor (sold)
Okko Coca Compressor
Empress Para EQ
Broughton HPF (fantastic pedal)
Aguilar Tone Hammer pedal
3leaf Enabler (haven't had the chance to use in a band/recording studio yet)
Wren and Cuff Phat Phuk B (doesn't do what I thought it would, will probably sell it)
Tech21 SansAmp DI (sold)
- Favorite Genres:
- Funk, Soul, Groove stuff (Tower of Power, Incognito, Chic, etc.), Heavy stuff of all kinds (Racer X, Living Colour, Primus, Queensryche, etc., a bit classic metal (Judas Priest), Jazz-Fusion (Tribal Tech, Mike Stern, etc.) and much more.
- Gigs and Ensembles:
- Nothing which is known internationally. Tour and studio work with Marla Glen, Victor Smolski, Irish Tapdance Show "Magic of the Dance";, some (more or less) popular German singers, have played all over Germany, Austria, Switzerland, Netherlands, Belgium, Luxembourg, Ireland, Spain, Slovenia, Egypt.
- Previously Owned Gear:
I don't usually buy and sell a lot of gear; have been playing most of my basses for many years now. This is the stuff that I have used in the past.
Modulus Quantum 6 string, alder body, maple top, 2 barts
Modulus Quantum 5 string, alder body, maple top, 2 barts
(shouldn't have sold them - big mistake)
Marleaux Consat Straight 4 string
Charvel/Jackson P-J 4 string
Trace Elliot AH 300 SM7
SWR Workingman 160
Eden WT 300
Eden WT 400
Tecamp Puma 900
Markbass HT 503
Trace Elliot V-Type Preamp
Warwick CL 1x12 combo
Have briefly checked out and tested many other amps, usually in live situations.
Trace Elliot Bass Dual Comp
SAD two 2x10 cabs
Hevos Power Set - 1x15 & 2x10 cabinets
FMC 1x12 & 1x12 neo cabs
Bergantino CN 112 (too much Marcus Miller sounding)
- G.A.S. List:
The only thing I'm gasing for would be:
G.Gould 5 string with graphite neck & two soapbar pickups and another Börjes 5 string with alder body & maple top and J / soapbar humbucker pickups.
These things are also on my radar:
Le Fay Herr Schwarz 5
Pedulla Nuance 5-string
Mayones Hadrien Feraud Signatur 5
Durham Sex Drive
A great DI box that takes away this awful harshness in the bass tone when going direct into the board.
Would like to check out the Rupert Neve DI box.
Trickfish Bullhead .5K
Aguilar AG 700
Eich TR 900
- Influences and Teachers:
- Gary Willis (the man!), Rocco Prestia, Jaco, Incognito (fantastic UK band), Bernard Edwards (rip), Tony Levin, Bob Daisley, Jeff Andrews, Victor Bailey (rip), Nils Henning Pedersen (rip), Scott Henderson, Mike Stern, Billy Sheehan, Randy Hope-Taylor, John Alderete, Queensryche's Eddie Jackson, Stu Hamm.....and many more...
Part time student (linguistics, literature, history), part time teacher, part time bassist (played full time for a few years, not anymore), degree in jazz studies, more than 10 years of teaching experience.
- Hobbies and Interests:
- trying to improve my English, Lingua Latina, History, esp. Roman and ancient history, bit sports