- Last Activity:
- Nov 1, 2020
- Jun 15, 2005
- Likes Received:
- Trophy Points:
Share This Page
Male, from Portland, or
- damianerskine was last seen:
- Nov 1, 2020
- Home Page:
- Portland, or
- Musician, Educator
- Current Setup:
Skjold Basses (Erskine Model 6-string, Skjold Slayer, Catacomb models)
Zon Basses (4 string & fretless 5)
Aguilar heads and cabs
D'Addario Nickel Strings
V-Cart for schlepping
DuoStrap Signature by GruvGear
Reunion Blues Cases for carrying
- Gigs and Ensembles:
- Damian Erskine Project, Gino Vannelli, Peter Erskine New Trio, most people in Portland.... Lots of local latin and jazz
- Previously Owned Gear:
- SWR, Status Graphite, Eden, Aguilar, Modulus, Pedulla, Bergantino, Thunderfunk, InCase bags, Mono bags, Walter Woods
- G.A.S. List:
- Ken Lawrence bass
- Influences and Teachers:
- Kai Eckhardt, Rich Brown, Jaco, Victor, Avishai Cohen, Marc Johnson, ...man.. just about everyone I've ever heard!
- Hobbies and Interests:
- Six string bass club member #59
- Endorsing artist: Skjold basses,Zon basses,Aguilar,D'Addario,GruvGear
- Available for Instruction?:
- Bass Guitar Instruction
Damian Erskine is known for his ability to fit into most any musical situation, extraordinary reading and improvising skills as well, as being an educator and columnist. He has played in the studio or on the stage with • Peter Erskine • Gino Vannelli • Vince Mendoza and the WDR Big Band • The Jaco Pastorius Big Band • Les McCann • Skerik Band • Jeff Lorber • The Buddy Rich Alumni All-Star Band • Bob Sheppard • John Beasley • George Colligan • Vardan Ovsepian • Antonio Hart • Charmaine Neville • and many others as well as being featured on the GospelChops.com "Shed Sessionz Vol. 1" DVD.
- Teaching Credentials:
- Jazz Education Abroad (since 2013), Portland State University adjunct, years of clinics and masterclasses
Damian is an adjunct professor at Portland State University in Portland, Oregon. In addition, he regularly teaches abroad with JEA (Jazz Education Abroad) in Shanghai, Bangkok, Cyprus and Beirut. Additionally, he has taught in the US at Gerald Veasley's Bass Bootcamp, the National Guitar Workshop and Berklee College of Music's Guitar Week. Damian is also a regular contributor to the popular bass education site, scottsbasslessons.com.
Damian has written for Bass Player Magazine, Bass Musician Magazine, as well as continuing to maintain a popular weekly column at NoTreble.com.
Damian has also authored two books, "Right Hand Drive” and “The Improvisor’s Path".
Signature• No one can make you feel inferior without your consent •