- Last Activity:
- Aug 21, 2018 at 1:21 PM
- Jun 15, 2000
- Likes Received:
- Trophy Points:
- Sep 8, 1964 (Age: 53)
- Southern NJ
Share This Page
Talkbass Top 10 all time lowest talent/gear ratio!, Male, 53, from Southern NJ
Gold Supporting Member
- dave64o was last seen:
- Viewing forum list, Aug 21, 2018 at 1:21 PM
- Sep 8, 1964 (Age: 53)
- Southern NJ
- Current Setup:
- Stingray 5 HH (JOEY SQUID 6/2007)
- G&L L-2500 (StuartV 3/2016)
- USA Precision V (mrpackerguy, 9/2008)
- SX SJB-62 5-string Sunburst - Became a project bass in 11/2012. Replaced literally EVERYTHING except the unloaded body and the neck plate. Looks like an SX, but no longer sounds like one. ;)
- Mesa D-800 (The Diaper Geni, 10/2016)
- G-K MB800 (NickFromNY 12/2016)
- G-K MB500 head (Gecko 5 4/2011)
- Genzler Magellan 350 (The Bass Place)
- 2 x Barefaced Big Baby II (azwipe, 12/2016; rick carter 9/2017)
- Barefaced One10 (gl1234, 1/2017)
- Roland Micro Cube Bass (Tommygunn 2/2011)
- WAY more pedals than I need
*STILL HAVE BUT PLANNING TO SELL*:
- Tobias Toby Pro 4 string (pawn shop) - Replaced stock preamp with a 4-band Audere and it sounds amazing now, but I'm not a 4-string player.
- G-K 1001RB-II (xcental34x 3/06) - Fantastic amp, but I love my tiny Class Ds.
- G-K MB200 - (Joe Smithberger, 9/2016) - Great little head, but my Genzler 350 gets all the playing time now.
- G-K MB150S combo - (GC) - Great little combo, but my Genzler 350 and One10 get the playing time now.
- Several effects pedals, especially overdrives and octaves. I just don't use that many of them.
CLUBS: G-K #283 | SX Club | Fretless #29 (I no longer own a fretless, but would like to try it again someday) | T&B #1; I Am Not Worthy #2 | Bacon #15 | 5-String #225 | Mediocre Bassists #53 | NJ Bassists #27 | Stingray Club #46 | Geddy Lee #4001 | P5 Club | "Daves of Our Lives" Club #12 | Crappy Bassist with Expensive Gear #353 | The Order of the Tort #2078 | G&L Club Member # 573 | Mesa Boogie Subway Club | PA Bassists Club #856
- Favorite Genres:
- Progressive rock, classic rock, blues rock, southern rock, British invasion, blues, jazz, classical
- Gigs and Ensembles:
- Two startups, one is primarily British invasion and the other is primarily classic rock, slightly more 60's than 70's. The British Invasion group will probably remain a regular jam session, but hoping the classic rock band starts playing out soon.
- Previously Owned Gear:
- ESP LTD B204
- Eden Nemesis NSP115 cabinet
- MIM Jazz Deluxe V
- Lakland 55-02 (miss this one A LOT!)
- StingRay 5 HH
- Mid 90's Fujijen Ibanez SR1305PM fretless
- 50th Anniversary MIA Jazz Deluxe V fretless
- Peavey Millennium BXP AC 4 string
- 2006 Warwick FNA Jazzman 5 (miss this one A LOT!)
- Two Lake Placid Blue SX SJX-62's (bought to use for parts to "Frankenstein" a parts bass)
- 2 completely customized Dr. Bass Rx 112 cabinets: 1) Eminence Deltalite II 2512 Neos, 2) Eminence APT 80 horn Marc was using in the original BL series, and 3) crossover from the original BL series. IOW it's a BL Neo in an RX cabinet. Marc also added a second Speakon jack for free, wired for bi-amping with my G-K head. (knigel, 4/2017)
- Bergantino AE410 (bought davidjbass, 4/2012; sold xnewyorka, 6/2017)
- G-K MB500 (bought JI99 (now gl1234) 1/2015; sold nervous 11/2017)
- G.A.S. List:
- A five-string semihollow or hollowbody would be a great fit for the groups I'm playing with now. I'm also finding a Hathor 12 increasingly intriguing ....
- Influences and Teachers:
- Dave Hope, Geddy Lee, Mike Rutherford, John Paul Jones, Roger Glover, John Wetton, Graham Maby, Sting, Leon Wilkeson, Michael Anthony, Adam Clayton, etc., etc., and etc.
- Hobbies and Interests:
- My family, music, photography, computers, wine making, exercise, reading,
"Yeah, I suck, but at least I suck less than I ever dreamed possible." - Doner Designs (slightly paraphrased)
I don't mind that you despise my sunburst Precision because it has a tort pickguard and flats on it. But I don't understand how that entitles you to be an ass about it.
Gear list and "club memberships" in profile