- Last Activity:
- Sep 16, 2019 at 6:05 AM
- Sep 14, 2009
- Likes Received:
- Trophy Points:
Share This Page
Male, 50, from Bologna, Italy, Europe
Irony and self-irony will save the world. Nov 1, 2015
- deste was last seen:
- Sep 16, 2019 at 6:05 AM
- Oct 20, 1968 (Age: 50)
- Home Page:
- Bologna, Italy, Europe
- musician (bass player, composer, teacher)
- Current Setup:
Anonymous bohemian bass (late XIX century);
Mic'ing: Etek condenser mic, GullanskyLab Allegro (custom model) piezo pu, Headway EBD-2 preamp/DI;
and/or (depending on the gig): GullanskyLab Notturno piezo pu, GullanskyLab AES piezo pu, Underwood piezo pu (an old one); Eden WTDI preamp/DI;
Electric upright, anonymous and very cheap (made in China, I think);
My main players: '87 Fender J MIJ fretless; '80 Ibanez Musician MC924DS; '87 Ibanez 2940 fretless; '91 Fender J MIM (modded);
Then, seldom used: Squier J cv60 (heavily modded); Danelectro Longhorn (1999 MiK reissue); Squier P cv60; '85 Ibanez rb850;
Amps: Gallien-Krueger MB500 + GK Neo 112; Gallien-Krueger MB150;
Fx's: T-Rex, TC, Boss, Mooer, boutique, ...
- Favorite Genres:
- jazz, classical, baroque, soul, tango, adult-pop, etc
- Gigs and Ensembles:
jazz, tango, funk, folklore, early baroque, MPB; sometimes pop;
BANDS: Anema, Libero ArbiTrio, Southside 3, Tango Creación, Mariano Di Nunzio Trio Barracina, Sandro Marra Quartet, Treenuje, Salon de Musiques, and more...
- Previously Owned Gear:
- Peavey and Polytone amps, Rickenbacker 4003, Hohner (Steinberger-like), '80's MIA J, Fender J MIM fretless, Ibanez SRX355...
- G.A.S. List:
- Too much stuff! Or maybe none, there's always something new hidden in your old gear... maybe a 1980's Musician fretless.
- Influences and Teachers:
Influences: Gary Peacock, Scott LaFaro, Ray Brown, Steve Swallow (both ub and bg), Charlie Haden, James Jamerson, George Porter jr, Jaco Pastorius, Jerry Jemmott, Kicho Diaz, and a lot more of them...
Teachers: Bruno Tommaso (jazz and classical double bass, composing and arranging), Furio Di Castri (jazz double bass);
Giancarlo Gazzani (big band arranging).
- Hobbies and Interests:
- cinema, history, cooking
- Endorsing Artist: GullanskyLab pickups
- Available for Instruction?:
- Bass Guitar Instruction
- Double Bass Instruction
- Teaching Credentials:
- MA in Double Bass (Conservatory "G. Rossini", Pesaro) BA in Jazz (Conservatory "G.B. Martini", Bologna), MA in Jazz (Conservatory "A Buzzolla", Adria) MA in Musicology (University of Bologna);
SignatureIrony and self-irony will save the world.
Ibanez Musician Club member#16 - Ibanez Club member #587 - Classic Vibe Club member #26 - Short Scale Bass Club member #213 - Danelectro Club member #8