- Last Activity:
- Mar 18, 2019 at 8:29 PM
- Jun 2, 2012
- Likes Received:
- Trophy Points:
Share This Page
Steve Doner, Male, from Metro Chicago Area
Gold Supporting Member
- Doner Designs was last seen:
- Viewing thread Time to sell it all?, Mar 18, 2019 at 8:29 PM
- Home Page:
- Metro Chicago Area
- Finance & Accounting Executive
- Current Setup:
- Four Warmoth four strings with Nordstrand pickups, Audere preamps, Babicz bridges and Hipshot tuning machines. Two Bergantino HG310's driven by a Mesa D800+ which is fed by a Noble Preamp.
- Favorite Genres:
- Blues, classic rock, jazz
- Gigs and Ensembles:
- My hobby gig is bass building. I also play bass at my church about once a month.
- Previously Owned Gear:
- Too many to list.
- G.A.S. List:
- Enough time and money to try all my ideas.
- Influences and Teachers:
- Some of our theme guitar ideas have been inspired by custom cycle makers like Orange County Chopper as well as Corvette mod shops like Lingenfelter Performance Engineering. Favorite bass players include Alain Caron and Gary Willis.
- Hobbies and Interests:
- Bass building and modifying. Fast cars and motorcycles.
Doner Designs is not a business or professional luthier. I work in accounting as a day job. As a hobby I like to build basses. Approximately once per year my son and I build a theme guitar or bass and donate it to one of our favorite charities using the name Doner Designs. The charities then auction the guitars to raise funds for their causes. We do this both for fun and to support causes we believe in.
- Doner Designs is an alias for Steve Doner
(Note: Doner Designs is the "brand" name that my son (Richard) and I use for the 1-2 theme guitars that we build and donate to charity fundraiser auctions every 1-2 years. I also build my own basses as a hobby and sell them from time to time - I have GAS like everyone else on Talkbass. DD is not a business or commercial user.)