- Rural PA
Share This Page
Male, from Rural PA
Tone Crisis Apr 14, 2017
- harborcoat was last seen:
- Oct 18, 2018 at 10:06 PM
- Rural PA
- Current Setup:
- Ray35!, Ibanez Roadster, Squier Jazz Bass modded with P/J pickups, LTD B-204 FM, Ibanez AEB-45LG; Boss GT-6B; Hartke LH-500 and HyDrive 112
- Favorite Genres:
- 90's alternative; post rock;
- Gigs and Ensembles:
- workin on it
- G.A.S. List:
- Stingray. Stingray Stingray Stingray. God I want a Stingray. Can the drummer get his $#@! together please so we can play some gigs so I can save up some money for a Stingray?
- Influences and Teachers:
- Mostly self taught listening to R.E.M. cds.
- Hobbies and Interests:
- Writing. Synth building. Goat farmin.
- Played upright for one year at school at 13
- Got a Squire Jazz Bass at 15
- Music teacher taught me bad technique and self taught from there playing to music for years
- Unsuccessfully tried to form many bands through college. Everyone was too "busy"
- Hung it up for like a decade.
- Getting back into it in my mid 30s. Want to gig locally for the thrills.
Then I met a dude at work. Very nice guy. Guitar player who'd been in several bands. He died unexpectedly. After his funeral I randomly drove around town and ended up at the music store. The owner knew the guy and sold him his first guitar. We talked for hours. I opened up to this stranger about music, my dreams and frustrations, things I'd never told anyone. He talked me into digging my instruments back out. Soon after I put an ad on his cork board. Now I'm playing with people, trying to make something happen, and it's been amazing.
Crudmuffins, you're still reading?