Share This Page
- JTE was last seen:
- Mar 18, 2019 at 1:56 PM
- Home Page:
- Central Illinois, USA
- Current Setup:
Basses: Fender- Vintage Series '62 P (new in 1983), Sting; Lakland- Deluxe 494 (one fretted maple, one fretless ebony), Skyline 55-01; Others- Guild Pilot, DeArmond Ashbory, mongrel fretless (which at some point started as a Fender MIJ Jazz Bass Special in 1987)
Amps: Eden WT-400, Avatar SB-112 and B-210. Also have a Peavey T.B. Raxx pre-amp with a QSC PLX-1202, and a Peavey Max 110.
Other: EBS Octa-Bass, EBS Bass-IQ, SansAmp BDDI, Boss TU-2 tuners, Boss LMB-3 bass "enhancer".
- Favorite Genres:
- "There are only two kinds of music, music that sounds good and whatever you want to call that other stuff." Duke Ellington
- Previously Owned Gear:
- Music Man HD-130 head and 212RH cabinet, pre EB Music Man StingRay, Hammer Cruise Basses (one with Gotoh bridge, one with 2-TEK bridge), Fender California P Bass Special, Eden D410XLT, Eden D212XLT, Hartke 3500, Hartke 4.5XL, Hartke 210XL, original Guild/Hartke 410, Euphonic/Audio VL-208
- G.A.S. List:
- Lakland Joe Osborn 4 string, a great sounding portable cabinet with 12" speaker(s), Duck Dunn's bottom sound with Jaco's presence on the highs.
- Influences and Teachers:
- Jack Bruce, Jack Cassady, Berry Oakley, Carl Radle, Emory Gordy, James Jamerson, Duck Dunn, David Hood, Jaco, Freebo, Leland Sklar, Stephen Stills, Rocco, Bach, Dave Pomeroy, Jeff Berlin, Ed Freidland, Paul McCartney, Jeff Berlin, Carol Kaye, Anthony Jackson, Ray Brown, Nathan East, Willie Weeks, and Mike White, Curt Bley, Roger Stevenson (last three are local guys)
- Hobbies and Interests:
- Cycling (real bikes don't need motors!), teaching
Spelling, grammar, and punctuation matter!
"Without space, music is just noise piling up on itself." TRK
"Don't play your instrument, play music." Feral Feline
Lakland Owners' Club #248