- Last Activity:
- Sep 20, 2021 at 1:08 PM
- Feb 2, 2002
- Likes Received:
- Trophy Points:
Share This Page
Male, from West Des Moines, IA
- KevinC was last seen:
- Sep 20, 2021 at 1:08 PM
- Home Page:
- West Des Moines, IA
- Retired and ready to play more music!
- Current Setup:
- '19 Fender American Std Jazz, '69 Fender Jazz strung with Ernie Ball Flats, '12 Fender Am Std. Precision w/Labella Flats, '96 Modulus Q4 strung with D'Addario XL Flex Steels, '01 EBMM Stingray 4H, '06 Fender Kingman Acoustic, '04 Fender MIM PBass. For live shows I have several options - Aguilar AG700, an Aguilar TH700 or an Ashdown Little Bastard or an Eden WTX-500 into either my Aguilar SL410x, a pair of Aguilar GS-112 cabs or a small vertical Ampeg 212 cab. For rehearsals I have a Peavey BAM210. My on-stage pedal board consists of either a Line6 HX Effects with a Line6 expression pedal or a Boss MS-3 with loop 1 going to an EH Nano POG, Loop 2 feeds a 3Leaf Groove Regulator and loop 3 feeds a Joyo American Overdrive. Main output of the MS-3 then goes through a EBS Multicomp Compressor to a Boss Volume Pedal before heading out to the amp. Also have a BassPod XT Live.
- Favorite Genres:
- Classic Rock, Fuzion, Blues, R&B, Alt. Country
- Gigs and Ensembles:
- iNFUZiON, Bandwidth, Hwy 86 and Electro Beast.
- Previously Owned Gear:
- '74 Fender Precision, '81 G&L-L1000, '83 Peavey Dyna Bass, '93 MIM Fender Precision, '01 Brian Moore i4, '98 MIM Fender Jazz Fretless, '05 Line6 Variax 4 connected to a Line6 BassPod XT Live, '06 OLP Tony Levin 5, '05 Ken Smith Design Proto-J 605, '04 Fender Highway 1 Precision, '03 Fender Highway 1 Jazz, '06 Modulus P/J Custom, '99 Peavey GV, '01 Fender American Standard Jazz, '06 Modulus Genesis VJ4, '00 Warwick Corvette Std 5 Active, '06 Fender MIJ '57 Precision Reissue, '08 Am Std. Precision Deluxe, '05 G&L- SB2, '10 Lakland Skyline 44-02, '94 Fender MIJ '75 Jazz Reissue, '11 Musicman Sterling Ray4 CA, '06 Modulus Funk Unlimited 4, '07 Fender Am Std Jazz, Kala California Solidbody UBass, '05 Michael Kelly Acoustic, '89 Peavey Dyna Bass, '06 Warrior Model 2-5, '94 G&L L2000, '13 Sadowsky MV4 Special Edition, '02 Drake Model 7, '02 Lakland 55-01, '01 EBMM 5H, '78 Harmony PBass, '20 Sire Marcus Miller P7 2nd Gen, '08 Fender American Std Jazz, Ampeg BA500, Ampeg SVT-410HEN, Ampeg SVT-CL, Ampeg SVT-410 HLF, Phil Jones PB800, Hartke 3500, Eden 212 XLT, MarkBass T800, Aguilar TH500, Avatar 4x10, Ashley PB-41 Preamp, BBE 362 Sonic Maximizer, DBX XL166, BBE BMAX, QSC GX7 power amp, Mesa Boogie Basis M-2000, Boss ME-50B, Boss GT-6B, Panda Future Impact & a MXR Carbon Copy.
- G.A.S. List:
As far as basses: Fodera, Zon, Tobias/MTD, Alembic!
Amp: Waiting for Andy Fuchs to make a bass amp head, but just switched to an Aguilar AG700 and an Aguilar TH700 - both are awesome. I miss my Aguilar DB750 but not the weight.
- Influences and Teachers:
- Oteal Burbridge, Phil Lesh, Rocco Prestia, Marcus Miller, Scot Sutherland, Jaco, Duck Dunn, Jack Cassidy, Stanley Clark, Steve Edwards, Jeff Berlin, James Jamerson, Chris Squire, Edgar Meyer, John Lodge, Stu Hamm, Mike Watts and many, many more.
- Hobbies and Interests:
- Going to live music festivals and attending "Roots Rock Revival".
SignatureBass is the foundation of my life...