- Last Activity:
- Aug 21, 2018 at 1:55 AM
- Aug 23, 2004
- Likes Received:
- Trophy Points:
- Professional musician, General Contractor
Share This Page
- Kirk Bryant was last seen:
- Viewing thread Onset of Arthritis, Aug 21, 2018 at 1:55 AM
- Professional musician, General Contractor
- Current Setup:
Amps; Peavey Minimega 1000, Genz Benz ShuttleMax 12.0 and 6.0, Glockenklang Soul II, Carvin BX500, Fender Bassman, Ampeg B-15, Guild Thunderbass head, Sunn 200S w 4x12 cab, Polaris Bass amp (Sunn 200S clone) +Polaris 215 cab.
guitar amps: Fender Tweed 52' Pro, Tweed 53' Deluxe, Fender Brownface 63' Deluxe, and Brownface 63' Pro. Stromberg Carlson Signet 22, Allen Classic 10, 2 Magnatone/Audio Guild 40 watt amps, Gretsch Dual Reverb
Speakers: Aguilar 1-12's, Bergantino AE212, Bergantino AE 1x12, Berg EX 112 x2, GK 212 neo, Sunn 412, Sunn 410, Schroeder 410, and 15L, Music Man 112,
BASS LIST 3/25/15
1) FENDER Precision ; MIA '59' AVRI sunburst, tort
2) FENDER Precision '60's' body w jazz neck refurb in Shell pink w/gold hardware and Audere 4 band EQ, Seymore Duncan PU
3) FENDER Precision ;Power Jazz Bass Special MIJ
4) FENDER Precision MIJ;Cowpoke; w/ active Pre.
5) FENDER Precision Lyte MIJ w/a Demeter 3 band Pre and Bart's
6) FENDER Precision Road Worn w/ Jazz neck
7) FENDER /Squire Precision 50's Vintage Vibe SOLD
8) FENDER Stu Hamm Urge (version 1) 32 in. scale
10) FENDER Jazz Bass MIM compleatly hotrodded w/ everything replaced, J-Retro Pre + everything else.
Squier 70's modified Jazz Bass
The Boutiques and oddballs
11) Tobias Killer -B 5-string very early Gibson...nice ..my main player for 15 yrs.
12) Jerzy Drozd Excellency 5 string Black Poplar Burl top Audere 4band EQ
13) Rumian custom made 4-string frettless...beautyfull and wonderfull bass made by a little known but GREAT Luthier in SF
14) Minneweather active 5-string bass w John East 3 band pre.
15) Ken Smith Burner...4 string
17) Tacoma Electric Accoustic Bass Guitar, offshore version Damn near as good as a Thunderchief and with a faster neck
18) Elrick Gold Serries 4 String flame maple top Bart's and Bart pre.
19) A German accoustic bass Circa 1950's w/carved spruce top from Hammond Ashley Seattle hand picked by me!
20) Ibanez Mikro w/Hipshot UL tuners and DiMarzios
Stratocaster, Epiphone Les Paul Flourtine.
- Favorite Genres:
- Jazz, Brazilian, Blues, Funk, Rock, North African music, Zydeco, classical, world music, Trance, Electronica, etc.
- Gigs and Ensembles:
- Full time freelanceer Jazz, Rock, Blues, Funk, Brazillian, Jam, Zydeco, Klezmer, Tibetan whistle, Peruvian flute gigs.
- Previously Owned Gear:
- Eden 2x10, 68' SF Fender Bassman, Sunn amps, 68; 64' Hofner Beatle Bass, 65' 66' 67'; P-Bass, 65'-64' Jazz bass, 1957 SC Precision, Dean fretless 5 string, Messenger guitar
- G.A.S. List:
- Elrick fivers, Glockenklang D class , Bergantino B-amp and speakers, 5-String Acoustic Electric, Sjkold basses, big E cabs, Reiner amp, Sonic Farm amp, MAS speakers,
- Influences and Teachers:
- Ron Carter, Richard Davis, Ray Brown, Jaco, Sun Ra, Chuck Rainey,, Jerry Jemmont, Duck Dunn, Joe Pass, Bill Evans, George Russell, Classical Music, Miles, Dizzy, Bird, The Count, The Duke, Lady Day, A lifetime of listening!
- Hobbies and Interests:
- Hang Gliding, Fishing, F1,
- Available for Instruction?:
- Bass Guitar Instruction
R. Kirk Bryant, 503-569-0465
- Teaching Credentials:
- 50 years of professional playing.
Acoustic and Electric bassist and vocalist.;
An Oregon native I attended Mt. Hood Community College and extension Jazz programs at UNLV and Stanford before striking out as a Professional Musician as a teenager. After a few years on the road with show bands I settled in the San Francisco Bay Area.
I averaged 300+ gigs per year recording and performing for over three decades in the Bay Area.
I was a member of the 5 time Grammy nominated Smooth Jazz group Second Nature of San Francisco, from 2001 through 2004. The band was honored to be featured on the 2001 Jazziz Magazine Annual Jazz sampler CD along with an all star cast including Miles Davis, Chick Corea, Marcus Miller, and Spyro Gyra.
As a sideman my credits include working with Nashville legend James Burton, Jazz legends Les McCann and Stanley Jordan, The Coasters, The Platters, Blues Legend Jackie Payne, Trumpeter Doug Ellington (nephew of Duke Ellington), Garth Webber, Tuck and Patti, Jules Broussard, Kit Walker, Danny Hull (Doobie Brothers), Norbert Satchel, And Tom Politser (Tower Of Power). I played with Bay Area greats, Jules Broussard, Terry Hiatt, Garth Webber, Lucky Strike Band, Chris Cobb Band, Brother Buzz, E.C. Scott, and many others.
My San Jose based group, The Dirty Side Blues Band featuring vocalist Lenny Williams of Tower of Power, opened for Robin Trower, Paul Butterfield, Johnny Winter, Edgar Winter, Jimmy Witherspoon, Duke Robbillard, Paul Rogers, Buzz Feitens' Full Moon and Elvin Bishop, among others.
In the Northwest I have worked with Lloyd Jones, Robbie Laws, Return Flight, Fleetwood Mac tribute band Golddust, Madson, Soul Vaccination, Eric "Sugar" Larsen, Johny Martin, Tommy Hogan, Neal Grandstaff, Sumo, Bolt Upright, Cindy Michelle and The Red Hots, the Patrick Stillwell Band.
Well versed in many styles I enjoy playing many types of music and am always ready for something new!
SignatureTalkBass, making mountains out of molehills since, like, forever!