- Rio Linda, CA
Male, from Rio Linda, CA
- lunarpollen was last seen:
- Jun 3, 2023 at 5:05 AM
- Rio Linda, CA
- Current Setup:
• Yamaha BB1200S (1985) with D'Addario Chrome flatwounds
• Harmony H22 (1966) with Pyramid Gold flatwounds
• Framus 5/149 Star-Bass (1965) with Optima RB flatwounds
• Danelectro Longhorn (blue suede [periwinkle]) with LaBella white nylon tapewounds
• Burns Barracuda (dark blue) with D'Addario Chrome flatwounds
• Dillion VBMB-04 with LaBella black nylon tapewounds
• Musima laminate double bass (1992) with Innovation Silver Slaps and a Revolution Solo II pickup.
- Favorite Genres:
- I like lots of different types of music, mostly from the 1920's to the present. Probably half of what I listen to has bass guitar, and the other half has double bass.
- Gigs and Ensembles:
• DangerForce 5 (mostly covers of surf/early R&R instrumentals with a few tunes with vocals thrown in, plus some original tunes)
• the Diversions (1960s garage rock covers)
• Gamine Grey (original music with a post-punk/new romantic flavour) ... but I'm the guitarist, not the bassist
- Previously Owned Gear:
• Schecter Hellcat VI (the version with the mini-humbuckers)
• Hondo HRB-2N (approx 1980) mapleglo Rickenbacker copy with Pyramid Gold flatwounds
- G.A.S. List:
The stuff I want to acquire:
• Eastwood Saturn IV bass
• Mellotron M4000D
- Influences and Teachers:
Influences/Inspirations: Maurice Gibb, Ronnie Lane, Paul McCartney, Klaus Voorman, Herbie Flowers, John Entwistle, Martin Gordon, John Lodge, Wally Waller, Joe Long, Peter Hook, Steve Severin, Mat Osman, and others.
- Hobbies and Interests:
- Guitar, sushi, dim sum, prime rib, strong women, old houses, streamline moderne and mid-century modern design, severe thunderstorms, paranormal phenomena
- Yahoo! Messenger:
SignatureHollowbody Bass Club #121, Hondo Club #002, Official Short Scale Bass Club #018, Short-Scale Six-String Bass Club #001, Epiphone Club #010, can't recall what other clubs I'm a member of here...