- Last Activity:
- Feb 1, 2022
- Dec 29, 2009
- Likes Received:
- Trophy Points:
Share This Page
Male, from Danville, VA
- poorbassist15 was last seen:
- Feb 1, 2022
- Home Page:
- Danville, VA
- Current Setup:
Bass rig:88 Rickenbacker 4003, 2016 Epiphone Classic Thunderbird Pro, 2010 Geddy Lee Jazz Bass
Not used regularly: Squier VM Jazz fl, 79 Peavey T-40, 79 Ovation magnum IV, 2015 Ibanez Black Eagle, 1982 Peavey T-20, 1984 Peavey Foundation, 2007 Fender Classic 60s Jazz, 2006 Ibanez GSR200 Fretless 5 string, 1998 Fender Sting Signature.
Fender Studio bass into Hartke transporter 410
Casio L222 and L112 running MIDI to Arturia Modular Moog, minimogue luxus, g-force mtron
1962 Hammond L-102(modified) to whatever will amplify it
1968 Hammond H-112(modified)
all into Cantabalie Lite
- Favorite Genres:
- Prog, alternative, jazz/fusion, blues, classic rock, heavy rock, metal, country, southern rock
- Gigs and Ensembles:
- The Megan Doss Band, The Jason Springs Project, Tunstall Concert Ensemble six years, InVictus, The Conjuration, anyone who wants to jam
- Previously Owned Gear:
DON'T USE BEHRINGER
Fenders are okay but not great. Shoot me.
95 P bass, 72 P bass, 09 Jaguar
Rickenbackers are the way to go.
- G.A.S. List:
- An Alembic, Peavey Cirrus, A white 4001, A fireglo late 80s to early 90s 4003, an RM1999, a Vintage SVT and matching 8x10, a B-15, an Acoustic 360, a MiniMoog, an ARP Odyssey.
- Influences and Teachers:
- John Paul Jones, Chris Squire, Geddy Lee, Jon Camp, Ray Shulman, James Jamerson, Les Claypool, Bob Babbitt, Randy Meisner, Larry Graham, Marcus Miller,lots of others
- Hobbies and Interests:
- model building, women, and old vehicles/racecars(I've been known to trade basses for old Toyotas and mopars, wanting an RX7 now)
- Available for Instruction?:
- Bass Guitar Instruction
Playing for a living with The Megan Doss Band(megandoss.com) And Jason Springs (jasonsprings.net) and making it day by day.
- Teaching Credentials:
- 5 years teaching at The Music Post, Danville, VA
Been playing for 15 years, I am free to play anywhere in America, if that's what you're looking for. My specialty is progressive rock, though I am experienced in just about everything you can think of. Yes, even bluegrass.
I have an addiction to old cars and have been known to trade instruments for classic/tuner cars.
I am also the resident Hammond organ/mellotron/Rhodes freak and LOVE old keyboards. I can do most servicing and have experience in this field. I have been reasoned with to let go of instruments in return for vintage keys.
I enjoy racing and hope to field an SCCA entry next year at VIR. I also enjoy aircraft and am looking to get instrument/VFR rated within a few years.
Signature/sunburst club #13/Epi T-Bird club#14/Fender J Bass club#596/ Geddy Lee club #7/ Acoustic club #244/bright bassists club #15/eJamming#11/prog rock bassists #71/Peavey amps#114