- Last Activity:
- May 24, 2017 at 9:31 AM
- Jan 31, 2005
- Likes Received:
- Trophy Points:
from Western NY State
- rhino333 was last seen:
- Viewing forum list, May 24, 2017 at 9:31 AM
- January 30
- Home Page:
- Western NY State
- Current Setup:
BASSES (date made) -
1. FrankenFender - 1970's P-Bass body (Ash) with 1971 Jazz Neck (Maple/Rosewood). Vintage '62 PUP
2. Fender MIM Jazz 5 string (non-active) (2007)
3. Spector BOB 5 (1990's)
4. Gibson LP 5 Bass (1990's)
5. Framus Triumph electric upright (1905's???)
6. Steinbeger 5-string upright.
7. Gretsch Billy-Bo (2007)
8. Fender CIJ '51 Reissue P-bass (1994-1995)
9. Squier 50's Classic Vibe P-Bass (2010)
10. Ibanez AGB205 5 String
11. Epiphone Explorer Korina (2010)
12. Epiphone Zenith Fretless (2009)
13. MTD CRB 5-String (2012)
14. ESP LTD Surveyor 414 (2011)
15. Squier Classic Vibe Tele Bass w/ Mudbucker (2010)
16. Epiphone Allen Woody Rumblekat (2009)
1. Ampeg Portaflex PF-500 with 1x10 and 2x10 Portaflex cabs
2.Ampeg SVT-400T with 4x10HE Cab
3. Ampeg BA-300 1x15
4. Ampeg B3 Combo
5. Fender Rumble 500
6. Genz Benz Shuttle 9.0
EFFECTS (Mix'em Match'em. It changes upon need)
Delays - MXR Carbon Copy(primary) or TC Electonrics Nova Repearter or EH Echo 1
Reverb - EBS Dynaverb(primary), Digitech Digiverb
Chorus - Tech 21 Bass Boost Chorus(Primary), Digitech CF-7, BBE Mindbender, Boss CEB3
Distortion - T-Rex Bass Juice (primary), Noble or Marshall Guvnor2, or MXR El Grande, Boss OD-B
Octave - EBS Octabass (primary),MXR Bass Octave, Boss OC3, Boss OC2
Envelope Filter - WMD Super Fatman (primary), 3 Leaf Groove Regulator, Boss AW-3
Flanger - Boss BF3 (Primary), Boss BF2
Phaser - EBS DPhaser (Primary), Pigtronix EP-2, Wounded Paw P90
Ring Modulator - Copilot FX Android
Wah - Black Cat Moan or Bass Cry Baby
Noise reduction - Boss NS2
Wireless - Shure
Multi-effects - Boss GT-6B
- Gigs and Ensembles:
- Hoodoo Daddies; Captain Jack Blues Band; Certified Groove; LuAnn Arena
- Previously Owned Gear:
- Mostly everything in the known universe.
- G.A.S. List:
See previously owned gear.
- Influences and Teachers:
In no order:
Jamerson & Babbit
- Hobbies and Interests:
• Bass & guitar performance and accompaniment.
• Stylistic vocal & instrumental compositions & arrangements; lyric writing.
INSTRUMENTS & STYLES PLAYED
• Bass: Electric (fretted, fretless & upright), 5 string, 4 string.
• Guitar: Electric, acoustic, classical (nylon string), slide (acoustic & electric).
• Voice: Tenor. Range - G below middle C to A flat above middle C.
• Styles: Blues, Folk, Pop, Rock, Commercial, Classical, Madrigal.
• Hoodoo Daddies: Bassist, Guitarist, Vocalist, Arranger.
• Capt Jack Blues Band: Bassist, Lead Vocalist, Arranger
• Joe Beard & Blues Union: Bassist (fill in)
• Crosseyed Cat Band: Bassist, Vocalist
• Certified Groove: Bassist, Vocalist, Arranger, Producer (“Certified Groove” CD)
• Barb Wired Blues Band: Bassist, Guitarist, Vocalist, Arranger
• Rockin' Robin and the Bucket of Blues: Bassist, Vocalist, Arranger
• Capt Jack & Rhino: Guitarist, Lead Vocalist, Composer, Arranger
• Winners: 2005 Blues Society Of Western NY International Blues Challenge “Memphis Bound” competition
• Guitar For Occasion: Solo guitar & vocals (www.guitarforoccasion.com)
Composer & Performer: “The Breakfast Buzz Blues” for WBZA Radio, Rochester, NY. Composed “bumper theme” for “The Breakfast Buzz” morning show that is played in rotation. Performed song on camera for a television commercial for that was shown regionally.
• LuAnn Arena & What's Next: Guitarist, Vocalist (“What’s Next” album)
• VUE: Guitarist, Vocalist, Composer
Song "Your Lips Never Moved" in the NYS Dept. of Education film documentary "Mary's Choice - Teen Pregnancy".
• Nazareth College: Arranged vocal & instrumental (including orchestral) music and composed music senior recital (1 hour performance)
AFFILIATIONS, HONORS, AWARDS
• Captain Jack & Rhino: 1st Place, 2005 The Blues Society Of Western NY International Blues Challenge “Memphis Bound” competition (Solo/Duo)
• Certified Groove: 3rd Place, The Blues Society of Western NY 2002 International Blues Challenge Memphis Bound Competition (Band)
• 2005 Blues Society Of Western NY “Muddy Award” winner
• Writer/Composer/Publisher member of ASCAP
• Academic Scholarship - Nazareth College.
BS Music Theory, Nazareth College of Rochester
SignatureLess Tone Suck. More Filling!
Visit my band at https://www.reverbnation.com/hoodoodaddies
Official Ampeg Club Member #407
Gretsch Bass Owners Club Member #9
3 Leaf Audio Club Member #32
Blues Bass Player Club #137
Bongo Bass Owner Member #179