Share This Page
Male, from Utah
- richhansen was last seen:
- Feb 17, 2020 at 11:43 PM
- Home Page:
- Current Setup:
1920's John Juzek 7/8 (German/Bohemian) flatback 5-string fully carved upright bass. Prochownik French bow. Ischell microphone system, Prodipe microphone, Acoustic Image Clarus 2R, Audiokinesis TC112AF cabinet, Yamahiko pickup, and Audiosprockets Tonedexter.
Several custom made 5 string jazz basses I built myself (both a fretless version and a fretted version) with Bartolini electronics and KSM Foundation Bridge, '69 Fender Precision, home-made black beauty Les Paul bass, Fender 5-String Jazz, Ampeg SVT Classic (previously owned by Ozzy Osbourne bassist Bob Daisley). Also, a Hartke 4X10 cabinet and Hartke preamp.
Endorser of the KSM Foundation Bridge.
- Favorite Genres:
- Jazz, Classical, Rock, Metal, R&B
- Gigs and Ensembles:
- The Skyline Trio (jazz trio in the northern Utah area), Utah State University CVC Orchestra, Mile Marker Six, The Vintage Vixens, Joyful Noise, and various other rock, various jazz and funk gigs around northern Utah
- Previously Owned Gear:
- Various European and American upright basses. Rickenbacker 4001, various Fenders, Tobias, Mark bass amps. Too many others to mention.
- G.A.S. List:
- Gas currently under control and not acting up.
- Influences and Teachers:
- NHOP, Scott Lafaro, Ron Carter, Catalin Rotaru, Christian Mcbride, Mark Johnson, Renaud Garcia-Fons, Gary Karr, Paul Chambers, Stanley Clarke, John Patitucci, Eddie Gomez, David Friesen, Jeff Berlin, Rufus Reid, Steve Harris, Bob Daisley, Billy Sheehan -- too many others to mention.
- Hobbies and Interests:
- Jesus, Our Lord and Savior, Family and Music.
- Endorser of the KSM Foundation Bridge.
- Available for Instruction?:
- Bass Guitar Instruction
- Double Bass Instruction
Some Live Performances On Youtube:
- Teaching Credentials:
- Former student of Jeff Berlin and David Friesen. Current student of Denson Angulo. I teach jazz upright and electric bass. I am also a teacher for the Mountain West Strings Orchestra program.
Rich Hansen Performances - YouTube
My Current Jazz Trio:
Some solo Electric Bass Recordings I've Done: