- Last Activity:
- May 9, 2021 at 6:23 PM
- Jul 1, 2018
- Likes Received:
- Trophy Points:
- Kalamazoo, MI
Share This Page
Male, from Kalamazoo, MI
Looking for something inspiring. Jul 3, 2018
- RodRy was last seen:
- Viewing thread NBD!!! ESP LTD B-206SM, May 9, 2021 at 6:23 PM
- Kalamazoo, MI
- Current Setup:
- Yamaha Motion B (unnamed), Schecter Riot-8 (Yeller), Squire Affinity Jazz (Silver), Warwick Rockbass Corvette $$ (Red), Esp Ltd F-155DX 5-string (Deep Purple), Carvin LB-70 koa fretless (Woody), Tune Bass Maniac (Blackie), Samick short scale P-Bass (Shorty), GK 150E112 micro bass combo, Hartke 7000, Hartke 410Transporter, Carvin 118.
- Favorite Genres:
- Folk, rock, jazz, funk, indy, metal, world, quiet, loud, solo, band, orchestra.
- Gigs and Ensembles:
- No current band. Past bands: Havoc, Strictly Wicked, Teenage Tragedy, Gator Boy, Rita and the Meters, The Bryans, Shyster
- Previously Owned Gear:
- Hondo black 4 string (first bass, very heavy).
- G.A.S. List:
- Zon Sonus 8
- Influences and Teachers:
Teachers: David Rabbidoux, Dave Rothstein
Influences: Lee Sklar, Lee Rocker, Geddy Lee, Esperanza Spalding, Carol Kaye, lots of others.
Played with a few bands in college, and a couple after getting a "real" job. Started with 70s and 80s metal, then worked into some coffee-house music, and an alternative rock band. I am often inspired by the different instruments I play, and have a hard time resisting the lure of a really interesting bass. I also play some guitar (not well) and do some singing (slightly better).
- Hobbies and Interests:
- Old cars, woodworking, good whiskey.
SignatureMediocre Bassist Club #1109, Combo Club #167, Official Short Scale Bass Club #638, Official TUNE Club, D Standard Club (DGCF), Purple Bass Club, Bassists of the '60's Club #5, PJB Owners Club #143