- Last Activity:
- Feb 20, 2019 at 3:49 PM
- Dec 24, 2017
- Likes Received:
- Trophy Points:
Share This Page
Male, from Northern Kentucky
Scot Kaeff - Bassist, Songwriter, Lyricist, Poet, Safety Professional, Etc. May 12, 2018
- ScotRFM was last seen:
- Feb 20, 2019 at 3:49 PM
- Home Page:
- Northern Kentucky
- Safety Compliance Officer, Bassist, Songwriter
- Current Setup:
Tobias (pre-Gibson) Basic Five String Bass
Fender Precision Bass (Lake Placid Blue)
Fender Precision Deluxe Bass (Sea Foam Pearl)
Fender Jazz Fretless Bass (Black)
Fender Jazz V Five String Bass (Black)
Fender Precision Bass (Burst...being refinished with a nebula/stars pattern)
Fender Precision Adam Clayton Limited Edition Bass (Purple Sparkle)
Ibanez SR305 Five String Bass (Root Beer)
Taylor 214ce Acoustic
John Reynolds Custom Telecaster
Dean TS2-CBK Acoustic
Dean PE-TPP Acoustic
G&L SC-1 Electric
Peavey Mark VI Amplifier
Peavey 410-TX Cabinet
Hartke 410-XL Cabinet
Hartke Kickback 15 Amplifier
Et Cetera And So On....
- Favorite Genres:
- Rock, Alternative Rock, Metal, Acoustic, Pop....
- Gigs and Ensembles:
- Reasons For Moving
- Previously Owned Gear:
- Whoa...geez...30 years of playing means this list is enormous...I can't even start.
- G.A.S. List:
- I really don't need anything right now, but Precisions are my thing. It's like that old saying, "How many basses do you need?" The answer is, "Just one more." Lately, I'm very much into American Precisions with maple necks.
- Influences and Teachers:
Instructors: Homer Smith & various videos.
Influences: Steve Harris, Mick Karn, Nicky Wire, Doug Pinnick, John Deacon, Les Pattinson, John Taylor, Adam Clayton, etc.
- Hobbies and Interests:
- Poetry (five published poetry collections released through 2014), writing (aspiring novelist), social criticism, reading, recording, nature, politics.
I started playing bass at age 14 when my parents acquiesced to my desires to play bass - yes, from the outset, I loved bass - and got me a little Peavey amp and a Hondo All-Star P-Bass copy. Thirty years later, having played everything from metal to folk pop, I'm still learning, still loving the bass, and still enjoying everything that music has to offer. It's a constant evolution, the creative path...I've never played in a cover band, so I've never made much money at music, but it's not about that for me. Never has been. It's about that spark when something new happens.
- Available for Instruction?:
- Bass Guitar Instruction
By day, I'm a safety compliance officer with Kentucky Occupational Safety and Health - yes, an OSHA inspector. Have to pay the bills somehow, and I do it by ensuring workers in Kentucky are provided a safe workplace by their employers, and it's a wonderful job that I love; next best thing to writing and playing music.