- Las Vegas, NV
Share This Page
Male, from Las Vegas, NV
- The Filler was last seen:
- May 11, 2017
- Las Vegas, NV
- Current Setup:
- Rebuilding the rig so I am down to just the Fender USA Geddy Lee Jazz Bass
- Favorite Genres:
- Really depends. For bass, I tend to enjoy playing in some punk, hardcore (metal and punk crossover), and more progressive styles of metal or stoner metal. On guitar, generally jazz (or a sad attempt at it) and proto-rock from the late 40's and early 50's. Particularly the stuff more R&B influenced than country.
- Gigs and Ensembles:
- I played in bands 20 years ago, but I went a different way in life. I quickly saw that the rock n roll life wasn't for me. So, I said my goodbyes, packed up my gear and went home. From there, I pretty much just fill in when a friend's band needs me. That's why I have the login name that I do. :)
- Previously Owned Gear:
- I am not all that sure I can remember it all.
- G.A.S. List:
- What I plan to have by year's end is a Sansamp GED 2112, QSC RMX850, Furman power conditioner and probably a pair of GK Neo 212s.
- Influences and Teachers:
Too many list. Although, despite having a Geddy Lee signature bass and plan on his signature Sansamp, believe it or not, me getting them really isn't driven by his name. I got the bass because it sounded ridiculously good. The Sansamp is mainly because I already liked Sansamp and the feature set that is coming with this one will actually keep me from getting a second preamp. :)
The only bit of gear I have because of another player is the Dunlop Tortex .88 pick. I don't always play with a pick, but when I do I really loved the attack sound that Dave Ellefson got with Megadeth.
My influences are a who's who of bass generally speaking.
- Hobbies and Interests:
- Family, music, motorcycles. In that order.