- Last Activity:
- May 23, 2017
- Jun 23, 2007
- Likes Received:
- Trophy Points:
24, from Edmonton, Alberta
Triumphant return to Talkbass, now with moderately less lurking. Oct 7, 2016
- UnicycleBassist was last seen:
- May 23, 2017
- Mar 21, 1993 (Age: 24)
- Home Page:
- Edmonton, Alberta
- Recording Engineer/Producer
- Current Setup:
Basses: Fender Jaguar (original, MIJ, JJ version), Cort Fretless 5, EBMM Sterling 4H
Pedals: Boss TU-2, Tech 21 Bass Boost Chorus, MXR Carbon Copy, EHX Freeze, Union Tube and Transistor Sub Buzz, Little Bear RAT clone
Amp: Sansamp RBI Preamp, Crest Prolite 2.0, Mesa Powerhouse 4x10 (4 ohm)
- Favorite Genres:
- post-hardcore, black metal, acid jazz, house, doom, noise, grindcore, baroque, ambient, techno, jazz fusion
- Gigs and Ensembles:
- anna phorra, torso, wi†ch princess (former), brunch club (former), bvdhvt (former), the electra complex (former)
- Previously Owned Gear:
Basses: Squier starter P-bass, Fender Kingman Acoustic
Pedals: ZVEX fuzz factory, Digitech bass distortion, MXR el grande bass fuzz, Maxon AF-9, MXR bass octave, Ernie Ball Volume Pedal Jr.
Amps: Fender Rumble 15 combo, SWR Workingman 12 combo, TC Electronic RH450, TC Electronic RS212
- G.A.S. List:
Omega Bridge and hipshot tuners for the jag.
Tech 21 vt500 to replace the rack head.
A smaller/lighter cab than the powerhouse 410.
Proper power supply for pedalboard.
- Influences and Teachers:
- I draw a lot of influence from a variety of electronic artists such as Baths, Blvck Ceiling and Toro Y Moi. I am finding that The Bad Plus is very influential on me of recent. I grew up listening to a lot of aggressive, noisy, mathcore such as The Number 12 Looks Like You and Arsonists Get All the Girls. Many of the 'classic' influences that you see around here such as Jaco Pastorius and Victor Wooten also helped shape my current approach to bass.
- Hobbies and Interests:
- Coffee, whiskey, audio production, electronic music, graphic design, vinyl, downhill unicycling
- Commercial User?:
I am a studio owner and coffee nerd.
- Producer/Engineer (Clay Francis Audio), Sales Rep (Long & McQuade)
SignatureCurrent rig: Fender MIJ Jaguar Bass, SansAmp RBI, Crest ProLite 2, Mesa Powerhouse 4x10
Pedals: Boss TU-2, Union Tube & Transistor Sub Buzz, Tech 21 Boost Chorus, EHX Freeze, MXR Carbon Copy