- Last Activity:
- Nov 27, 2016
- Jun 23, 2007
- Likes Received:
- Trophy Points:
Male, 23, from Edmonton, Alberta
Triumphant return to Talkbass, now with moderately less lurking. Oct 7, 2016
- UnicycleBassist was last seen:
- Nov 27, 2016
- Mar 21, 1993 (Age: 23)
- Home Page:
- Edmonton, Alberta
- Recording Engineer/Producer
- Current Setup:
Basses: Fender Jaguar (original, MIJ, JJ version), Cort Fretless 5
Pedals: Boss Tuner, Tech 21 Bass Boost Chorus, MXR Carbon Copy, EHX Freeze, Union Tube and Transistor Sub Buzz
Amp: Sansamp RBI Preamp, Crest Prolite 2.0, Mesa Powerhouse 4x10 (4 ohm)
- Favorite Genres:
- post-hardcore, black metal, acid jazz, house, doom, noise, grindcore, baroque, ambient
- Gigs and Ensembles:
- anna phorra, wi†ch princess, brunch club, bvdhvt (former), the electra complex (former)
- Previously Owned Gear:
Basses: EBMM Sterling 4H, Squier starter P-bass, Fender Kingman Acoustic
Pedals: ZVEX fuzz factory, Digitech bass distortion, MXR el grande bass fuzz, Maxon AF-9, MXR bass octave, Ernie Ball Volume Pedal Jr.
Amps: Fender Rumble 15 combo, SWR Workingman 12 combo, TC Electronic RH450, TC Electronic RS212
- G.A.S. List:
JHS Color Box, Warm Audio EQP-WA, Warm Audio WA-2A, Warm Audio WA76, a huge number of mics that I don't want to list (Shure SM7B and a nice Rode Tube would be great)
Also looking for a pair of neo 1x15s to save my back from my current chunky 4x10.
- Influences and Teachers:
- I draw a lot of influence from a variety of electronic artists such as Baths, Blvck Ceiling and Toro Y Moi. I am finding that The Bad Plus is very influential on me of recent. I grew up listening to a lot of aggressive, noisy, mathcore such as The Number 12 Looks Like You and Arsonists Get All the Girls. Many of the 'classic' influences that you see around here such as Jaco Pastorius and Victor Wooten also helped shape my current approach to bass.
- Hobbies and Interests:
- I spend most of my time running a small scale recording studio for independent and small label artists. I also very much enjoy writing electronic music and doing graphic design. My favourite anime is Elfen Lied.
- Commercial User?:
I received my Bachelor of Commerce from the University of Alberta in 2016. I play bass, drums, and synthesizers, and produce music for a variety of artists. I specialize in audio mastering and am currently working to make music as large a part of my life as possible.
- Producer/Engineer, Clay Francis Audio
SignatureCurrent rig: Fender MIJ Jaguar Bass, SansAmp RBI, Crest ProLite 2, Mesa Powerhouse 4x10
Pedals: Boss TU-2, Union Tube & Transistor Sub Buzz, Tech 21 Boost Chorus, EHX Freeze, MXR Carbon Copy