- Last Activity:
- Nov 22, 2023
- Oct 13, 2010
- Likes Received:
- Trophy Points:
what the pluck
- what the pluck was last seen:
- Nov 22, 2023
- Home Page:
- Current Setup:
spiro 3885 weich -E A - Belcanto D G
Nyman / Klstein
Clarus/ Whizzy 12
Epiphone Jack Casady Bass
Dean fretless acoustic
- Favorite Genres:
- Iam pretty diverse in my tastes and what I lie to play
- Gigs and Ensembles:
- A long history of various projects and gigs in Australia with a diverse discograpghy. Currently working on solo repertoire based on a story about my double bass. Also have an ambient, improvised 5 piece band, a Jazz and bossa duo plus mix and mash of other solo repertoire including world, classical retro etc that i busk with sometimes with the double bass.
- Previously Owned Gear:
- Jeepers… I dont think that list would fit here!
- G.A.S. List:
- A couple more double basses...
- Influences and Teachers:
- Have had lessons with David Potts in Sydney. When I was young Brian Ritchies acoustic bass guitar playing on the violent femmes first album. Miloslav Gajdos, Charlie Haden, I love his versatility and the wide cross section of music he has played. I listen to everything from industrial noise to classical music. As a writer I dont think I am influenced by anyone but as a player I am in awe of the guys and gals who make it all look super easy on any instrument.
- Hobbies and Interests:
- Motorcycling, writing, travel
- Available for Instruction?:
- Double Bass Instruction
I have had an eclectic musical background and have played many genres. Very open minded and always learning. I was a professional audio engineer for many years and have produced countless indi bands. Respect goes out to all the creatives.
- Teaching Credentials:
- I have run music workshops for people with disabilities as well as teaching from a music school.
SignatureI want to die peacefully in my sleep like my Grandfather. Not screaming in terror like his passengers.