- Last Activity:
- Jun 28, 2016
- Oct 13, 2010
- Likes Received:
- Trophy Points:
what the pluck
- what the pluck was last seen:
- Jun 28, 2016
- Home Page:
- Current Setup:
Mircourt (around 1850's),
Sometimes Evahs, sometimes Belcantos
German pernambuco bow
French Carbon fibre bow
French Shen Ophelia Carbon fibre bow - salt n pepper hair
Clarus/ Whizzy 10
- Favorite Genres:
- don't have one, I listen to and try to play everything (except pop, hip hop, and the likes)
- Gigs and Ensembles:
- MIGRATORIUM - contempary Greek alternative folk, mainly playing large festivals. IONIA - ensemble playing my compositions, Double bass, Violin, Classical Guitar,Percussion and Vocals. Kind of Gypsy/ world/ alternative/ classical. Some duo cafe work playing covers, call ins…. have bass will travel.
- Previously Owned Gear:
- Its not really bass stuff but I can offer advice on recording mixing and mastering. As an audio engineer I have recorded a wide range of music. As a bassist I have played many styles.
- G.A.S. List:
- to make a living playing bass!
- Influences and Teachers:
- When I was young Brian Ritchies acoustic bass guitar playing on the violent femmes first album. Miloslav Gajdos, Charlie Haden, I love his versatility and the wide cross section of music he has played. My teacher! I guess I am more inspired by music as a whole rather then just bassists. At the moment I am going through an Ethnic/ gypsy phase. This will probably change soon. When I hear or see anyone play really well on any instrument it inspires me.
- Hobbies and Interests:
- Motorcycling (Ducati's), composing, writing, audio production
I have had an eclectic musical background and have played many genres, mainly original music that I am the creative force of. I was a professional audio engineer for many years and have produced countless indi bands. I run a small boutique label and continue to release music from my projects. Only play double bass these days, gave away the electric instruments except for some recording projects.
- Available for Instruction?:
- Double Bass Instruction
SignatureI want to die peacefully in my sleep like my Grandfather. Not screaming in terror like his passengers.