I needed a new interface when I migrated to Mac OS 10.15 Catalina. My beloved Apogee Duet still functions with my legacy Mac system, but is not 64-bit capable as required by Catalina.
As a daily Ableton producer I appreciate Apogee's beautiful preamps and excellent audio interfacing. The self-contained form factor of Element is a major upgrade, with all ins/outs located directly within its shell (no clunky, dusty breakout cables and their clutter). Element is extremely reliable and crash free.
Element's iPhone/iPad Control app is effective and easy to use. Same goes for the Control software on my iMac. Best news for me is that Ableton Live 10 is stable and reliable in my new workspace and workflow. Also, Element is free from expensive proprietary plugins that are required with other interfaces. It is therefore a great value.
- $595 US
- Up to 24-bit/192kHz AD/DA conversion for recording
- 2 front-panel mic/line/instrument inputs on combi connectors
- 2 world-class Apogee mic preamps, selectable phantom power
- 4 analog outputs: 2 balanced rear-panel XLR outputs and 1/4" stereo headphone output
- Single-port Thunderbolt connectivity with 1.41ms round-trip latency at 96kHz (with buffer setting 32)
- Optical In — supports ADAT, SMUX, and S/PDIF: ADAT — 8 channels, 44.1kHz-48kHz on 1 TOSlink connector; SMUX — 4 channels, 88.2kHz-96kHz on 2 TOSlink connectors; S/PDIF — 2 channels, up to 192kHz on 1 TOSlink connector
- Optical Out — supports ADAT, SMUX, and S/PDIF: ADAT — 8 channels, 44.1kHz-48kHz on 1 TOSlink connector; SMUX — 4 channels, 88.2kHz-96kHz on 2 TOSlink connectors; S/PDIF — 2 channels, up to 192kHz on 1 TOSlink connector
- Word clock I/O (BNC connectors) for sync with other digital audio gear
- Element Control Software for Mac provides control of hardware parameters, including Input gain, Output level, and low-latency monitoring
- Element Control Mobile App for wireless remote control via iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch
- Compatible with optional Apogee Control hardware remote control
- Multi-unit Thunderbolt support for connection of any 2 Element units to your Mac
- Connect any Element-series interface to your Ensemble Thunderbolt for Ensemble-quality I/O at an incredible price
- Direct monitoring feature in Logic Pro X eliminates recording latency