For the price this EQ will fit the bill for adding tone to your NS NXT Bass without having to redo your tone settings on your amp. It makes playing the bass live and not messing around trying to adjust stuff so you can concentrate on the gig and not why your tone sucks between electric and the EUB in your amp.
Ashdown 12 Band DI Bass Graphic Equalizer
- 4.5/5, 4.5 from 2 reviews
A 12-band EQ with DI capabilities to precision-craft your bass tone into an amp or a soundboard.
EQ with huge balls!!!!
- 5/5, 5 out of 5, reviewed Jan 31, 2016
- Build Quality:
- + I've got an NXT 4 string the bass got no balls I tried a few outboard eq's and most only increased the noise ashdowns eq added some meaty tones that the piezo's couldn't match now I can have seamless transition from electric to EUB and not have to change all my tone settings to get a decent sound match
- - Make sure to get a power supply this pedal tends to eat 9V like candy
Pretty good, but not quite great.
- 4/5, 4 out of 5, reviewed Jan 15, 2016
- Build Quality:
- + Very versatile Looks nice
- - Hisses when high frequencies turned up
Edit 17/1/2018: I wrote this when I was 15 and thought a good bass tone came from crap-tonnes of deep bass, crap-tonnes of high treble and nothing in between. Since I have become a gigging bassist I now know very different and cringe at how I used to set my EQ. I would completely re-review this pedal nowadays but unfortunately it has been stolen. Take this review with a large pinch of salt.
When I got it, the DI knob and logo had come off, so I glued the logo back on and pressed the knob back on. I only did it quickly as I planned to take it off again and do it properly, but now I can't get it back off and I have a knob that points to the wrong place. Oh well, I won't be using it for DI purposes any time soon. On top of this, the EQ hisses when the higher frequencies are turned up, which as a real pain for me.Mediocrity Man likes this.
- Pedal Type:
- 9 Volt
- 12 band graphic EQ, DI output, glowing VU meter, shape knob, DI level, individual on/off for graphic EQ and shape.
- Other Specs:
- Metal casing, painted silver, on/off indicator LEDs for shape and EQ, three little handle things.