Well, this is an industry standard in my opinion. As previously said, this is NOT for the people who want a ton of controls on their compressor pedal.
However, using it in several settings, it's reliable and sounds good. I don't believe people should spend a lot on their compressors, and this pedal does more than enough.
I'm using it in the tubeism setting, although I'm alternating between settings from time to time, depending on the gig and style.
Very versatile, very well made. Highly recommended.
Just what you need to compress
- 4.5/5, 4.5 out of 5, reviewed Sep 18, 2018
- Build Quality:
- + easy to use, no unpleseant noise
- - Some people will prefer more controls
This compressor has 3 positions:
- Tubesim: substract a bit of high end.
- MB (multiband): lows and highs are compress separately, you can change the threshold of each with trimpots inside; my favorite one because it gives a bit of a contour sound.
- Normal: No change to your sound.
I'm not sure that 3 positions was necessary. Personnaly, I'm stricking with the MB and I don't think that people will change often.
I like it because I wanted a simple and efficient compressor without too many controls to dial.
Those who wants more control (attack, sustain...) won't like it. There are better compressors but this one gives you a good, transparent compression without background noise.