awesome old school tone in a cool looking package (except for the colours).
Markbass TTE 500
- 4.5/5, 4.5 from 2 reviews
500W Tube Bass Amp Head with Modern Vintage tone
classic SVT tone without the weight
- 5/5, 5 out of 5, reviewed Feb 23, 2014
- Build Quality:
- + classic SVT tone without the weight
I own LM2 and when Markbass came out with TTE500 I had to check it out and was blown away how great this all tube preamp tube compressor sound as great as my old SVT 300. I sold my SVT when I got the LM2, but now I can get that tone SVT and sound again at only 13.5 lbs!!! I had to have it, yes I also bought the NY151RJ cab to match. I love it!!!
I use my old LM2 for rehearsal and my new TTe500 for gigs.
Most gigs I'm playing on 2, any louder I told to please turn down. TTe500 is monster in tone and volume.
- 500W @ 4 ohms / 300W @ 8 ohms
- Speakers (2 speakon combo) - Line Out (XLR)
- EQ / Controls:
- EQ (passive): Bass, Middle, High; compressor - colour (tube-driven VLE)
- Other Specs:
- Preamp: Tube
Tube: 3x ECC83 + 1x ECC81 (compressor)
Power Amp: Analog (TTE: Tube Technology Emulator)
Power Supply: Special Markbass Digital Power Supply