Overall, this is a fantastic utility pedal to have in your arsenal. I've used it in the studio to great effect, reamping kick drums and snares, as a DI for bass (obviously) and keyboards, even as a pre-EQ on dynamic mics once or twice. If you're creative, this pedal can do a lot of things!
On the downside, I found it annoying at times when I wanted to use the pedal as an "always on" preamp but couldn't set the amount of overdrive without affecting the mids. There's only so much room in teh box, I suppose but I would have preferred to have the drive be an entirely separate knob.
Overall, definitely an excellent piece of kit and one that I'm glad I have available whenever I need it.
Sansamp Para Driver DI
- 5/5, 5 from 2 reviews
This floor version of the Sansamp RPM rackmount provides the same detailed tone shaping possibilities for any signal source. It is particularly
Really Versatile Pedal
- 5/5, 5 out of 5, reviewed Sep 15, 2016
- Build Quality:
- + Excellent for many and varied practical purposes Built like a tank Semi-Parametric mid is very useful
jnryjd likes this.
- - Mid knob is directly linked to Overdrive Difficult to use on the fly during gigs
Like the Bass Driver DI but with sweepable mids!
- 5/5, 5 out of 5, reviewed Aug 24, 2016
- Build Quality:
- + Great tone control! Can be powered via 48v Phantom Power. Can be used in place of an amp
- - Bit hard to see for "on the fly" adjustments on a dark stage.
Ive always be a fan of the Bass Driver Di which helped change some of my less capable amps into tone beasts however it really fell short once I put it through my Markbass LM Tube 800. I dont know why but it just sucked. I persevered for a while but it got too hard. It was the lack of mids on the effect that I felt was missing. I tried all the tricks as well as the suggestions from the manual however it just stopped being a benefit to my tone.
I read about the Para Driver and decided to risk the investment.
SO glad I did!
It lacks the presence control of the Bass Driver and the overdrive might not have the same crunch but the addition of the mid control with sweepable mid frequency is amazing! I use this as an "always on" pedal to add that lovely fat tube warmth to my rig. It's probably overkill but I use an Xotic Bass BB Preamp in front of it for a solo and excitement boost which pushes the Para Driver into a slightly more overdriven sound. I got the idea from the Bass Fly Rig.
I also play guitar so this thing comes in handy as a recording interface as well!
I would highly recommend it!t-ray likes this.
- Pedal Type:
- Preamp, tone shaping, D.I, overdrive, tube emulator
- 1 x 9v or 9v DC or Phantom Power
- Active tone controls with 12dB of cut or boost
Sweepable semi-parametric EQ
1/4-inch 4.7 megOhm instrument level input
1/4-inch and XLR outputs with selectable levels
Parallel, uneffected output to run a dry signal to a separate channel
- Other Specs:
- Rumble Filter and Air. The Rumble Filter removes unwanted sub-sonic frequencies that cause boominess and audible handling noises associated with acoustic guitars.
The Air button adds top-end clarity and sparkle to acoustics.