I have used TrueTone and Voodoo Labs and Strymon for power supplies. None of those could give me exactly what I wanted all in one package. I needed a lot more isolated outlets than any of them could supply. Sure, I could have bought multiple copies of each but that meant more money and more pieces of gear to worry about. The Walrus handles all of my power needs and provides a signal chain that is as silent as the grave.
Walrus Audio Phoenix 120v Clean Power Supply
- 5/5, 5 from 1 review
15-output isolated power supply
Silence is golden (when you want it)
- 5/5, 5 out of 5, reviewed Jul 16, 2018
- Build Quality:
- + 15 outputs!!!
- + All of those outputs are isolated!!!
- + Can handle 12V and 18V needs
- + Built like the brick that it resembles
- + Comes with everything you need to wire anything that you need
- - A bit heavy at ~ 4 lbs but that's not really a surprise for the sheer size
- $279.99 (USD)
- • Custom-wound toroidal transformer provides exceptional noise filtering and remarkably clean power
• Experience your signal chain in all its sonic purity, without any added noise from ground loops, etc.
• All outputs are isolated. There are 15 total outputs:
• Four 9V, 300mA (can power the larger digital pedals like the Strymon BigSky and Timeline)
• Eight 9V, 100mA
• Two outputs include a toggle switch option to run 9V or 12V
• One output includes a toggle switch option for 9V or 18V
• This unit comes with 15 – 2.1mm barrel black power cables, 2 – 2.5mm to 2.1mm (red to black) line 6 cables) and a detachable IEC Cable.
- Other Specs:
- A pedalboard mounting kit is available for Pedaltrain-type decks (sold separately)
9.75" wide x 2.6" deep x 2" high
The Walrus Audio Phoenix delivers enough power for up to 15 of your effects pedals. This 15-output, fully isolated power supply is loaded with a custom-wound toroidal transformer, providing exceptional noise filtering and remarkably clean power. With the Phoenix, you'll experience your signal chain in all its sonic purity. This power supply features eight 100mA outputs and four high-current 300mA outputs, which are tailor-made for your power-hungry digital pedals. Beyond that, there are two switchable 9-volt/12-volt outputs and one switchable 9-volt/18-volt output. Housed in a rugged midnight blue textured enclosure, the Phoenix comes with 15 x 2.1mm barrel black power cables and two red-to-black (Line 6-style) power cables.