1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD “Fender” Squier VM fretless jazz bass

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by SirBass, Feb 24, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SirBass

SirBass

Jan 1, 2007
    Sweet home...
    Up for sale is a modded “Fender” Squier VM fretless jazz bass. It is virtually brand new. I basically took both Squier VM Jazz basses and swapped the necks. The squier headstock logo was sanded off and a Fender logo was applied and clear coated 4 times. A Fender ’62 RI pickguard was installed and the strings were replaced with Fender Tapewounds.

I paid $279 for the bass, $45 for the pick guard and $12 for the logo. So that’s $336 I’ve got into this bass. I’d like to get $275 shipped.

IMG_0206.
    IMG_0198.
    IMG_0214.
    IMG_0219.
    IMG_0216.
    IMG_0217.

2. friskinator

friskinator Supporting Member

Apr 5, 2007
    Montreal, QC
    Are you selling the other VM with the fretted neck installed? If so, I'd be interested.

3. SirBass

SirBass

Jan 1, 2007
    Sweet home...
    i actually still have the unmodified maple w/blocks neck. if you want it just add 120 to the price for both necks. (i'm keeping the burst body:D)

4. bassic_element

bassic_element

Sep 20, 2006
    Just be careful when installing a new new on the sunburst body, because they finish around the neck pocket can crack really bad.

5. SirBass

SirBass

Jan 1, 2007
    Sweet home...
    thanks for the info.

i have mounted and unmounted several necks and the finish seems to be pretty durable.

6. PatrickEdmonds

PatrickEdmonds

Jan 3, 2006
    Sorry, this is off topic, but....

have you posted pics of the other? If so could you post a link, if not, make a thread!

7. bassic_element

bassic_element

Sep 20, 2006
    \

Great! It happened to me with a VM Fretless I took the neck off to remove a shim it had and when I put it back I got a really nice crack in the finish :crying:

8. bassic_element

bassic_element

Sep 20, 2006
    And this is a pretty nice neck! The ebonol fingerboard it's awesome, the strings are Rotosound tru bass 88, right? Not a cheap set ($40), I had them on my squier VM Fretless, with the neck pickup and the tone rolled off I could get a very thumpy sound almost upright sound. Who ever buys this wont be dissapointed!

9. You had to do this right after I bought a VM fretless. The Geddy clone is still awesome by the way.

10. SirBass

SirBass

Jan 1, 2007
    Sweet home...
    ya know you could have two fretless basses.

glad you're enjoying the geddy!

11. west*coast*bass

west*coast*bass Supporting Member

Dec 6, 2003
    Agoura Hills, CA
    I want this... PM sent.

12. jerm

jerm

Jul 10, 2005
    how did you go about doing that fender logo

13. SirBass

SirBass